Forgotten Worlds DS Remake?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by kitetsu, Aug 11, 2008.

Aug 11, 2008

Forgotten Worlds DS Remake? by kitetsu at 1:59 PM (1,335 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. kitetsu
    OP

Newcomer kitetsu Advanced Member

Australia
    Good times. I used to play the genesis port a lot when i was younger. Just recently i played the original Arcade game, and suffice to say i got grilled about twice or thrice every credit, mostly due to the fact that it's like the genesis port, only 10 times harder, and auto-fire was nowhere to be found.

Then i watched a video of a chinese dude play the whole game with only 1 credit, and the thing that got me with the vid is that his character instantaneously turns into different angles, which i've been told is because he was playing the "PS2 version". Okay... I never knew about that. But anyway...

I've given this game a lot of (random) thought, and after my rather enjoyable experience with Geometry Wars: Galaxies, it kinda hit me. "Forgotten Worlds for the DS wouldn't be such a bad idea..."

Whether an official Capcom release or a homebrew project, i can't care about it more than the potential fun factor the end result may be, and since the DS is a lot more capable in overall performance than i first expected, i can't see why i shouldn't play FW:DS other than some lame circumstantial excuse.

*shrug*

Oh well. Back to drawing and gaming.

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Have you tried playing the Genesis version in jEnesisDS? It works excellently with most games I've tried.

3. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    why can this man in the game fly without a jetpack ? xD

Nah, joke asid, I enjoyed both nanostrays and about every other shooter I played (tip: takatis pc).

so, why not ?

4. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I want to see a Capcom Arcade Classics for the DS. I played em on the PSP, and i love the Konami Arcade Collection for the DS. Common Capcom! Make me proud!

(and by proud i mean, excited, and by excited, i mean hard. Capcom, i want you to make me hard.)

5. kitetsu
    OP

Australia

I could, but as much as i hate to admit it, i'm too put off to play most genesis games on both jEnesisDS and PicoDrive, one of the reasons being that, apart from the former not being able to scale the screen, genesis emulation in general is still as WIP as SNES emulation.

Nevertheless i'll try playing it when i get over the problem.

6. matriculated

Member matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    For the arcade version (which is the only way to play imho) you hold down the dial to autofire, no? A DS version would be brilliant because you could control your gun fire with the stylus. Great idea, but I don't think this game is that popular (although I love it).

7. acidonia

Newcomer acidonia Member

United Kingdom
    The Mega Drive Version of Forgoten Worlds is missing some stages out of the arcade version and if you like Forgoten Worlds see if you can play Omega 5 on the Xbox 360 its a 800 points ($10) Live Arcade Title it plays just like Forgoten Worlds minus the abilty to buy weapons from shops.

8. bumjeans

Member bumjeans GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ah boy this is one of my absolute fav shoot em ups!!

I wouldnt mind a remake of even the genesis one as its the one I know and love.

I have tried Jenesis, but the cropped image is serious drawback as kitetsu has mentioned.

9. kitetsu
    OP

Australia
    Exactly why i mentioned the possibility of homebrew, in case capcom is all "meh, why bother?".