Forgot to Unlink NNID

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Squall_Leonhart, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Squall_Leonhart
    OP

Squall_Leonhart Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2016
    I accidently forgot to unlink my NNID while installing boot9strap. I have a backup of my old emuNAND and was wondering whether there's an easy way to format, inject and boot back into it to unlink?

2. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Does your NNID show up under System Settings right now?

3. Squall_Leonhart
    OP

Squall_Leonhart Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2016
    I get error code 022-2634 when connecting.

4. AnalogMan

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Sorry, didn't get a notification because you didn't quote me. It's also not what I asked. If you go to System Settings and tap on Nintendo Network ID Settings at the top what happens?

5. Squall_Leonhart
    OP

Squall_Leonhart Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2016
    It says 'Please Wait' followed by 'Signing In' then throws up that error

6. AnalogMan

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Thanks, it sounds like you have an NNID on the system but it's not tied to your system on Nintendo's end. Try this first. When you see the error code, press and hold X and Y and tap OK. If it gives you the option to remove the NNID from the system, go ahead and do so. If it does not, report back and I'll have some more complicated steps for you.

7. KytuzuEX

KytuzuEX Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.

Apr 21, 2014
    Puerto Rican can talk either English/Spanish
    I have the solution:
    when you formatted the sysnand to unlink your nands, your NNID become disassociated with the 3ds and it will only give you an error when trying to do online stuff on emuNAND. The solution is to backup emuNAND, format emuNAND, set up the NNID on sysNAND, then restore the backup on emuNAND.

8. AnalogMan

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    That's extremely complicated. You can just remove the NNID using GodMode9 in about 60 seconds.

9. Squall_Leonhart
    OP

Squall_Leonhart Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2016
    Got it working. I downloaded TinyFormat, formatted my sysNAND, set up my 3DS and linked my NNID, booted into GodMode9, and restored my sysNAND. Thank you for your help!

10. AnalogMan

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Haha, no problem. For future reference you can delete the NNID using GodMode9. Instructions are in the guide here: https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting.html