Homebrew Question Forced to update when using R button on game to launch HB menu?

ChameleonSkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to launch the HB menu by holding down R to get full RAM. However, I'm now getting a popup telling me that the system needs to update whenever I do that. I have the option of starting the game normally, performing the update, or canceling. Is there a way to get around this so I can get full ram but don't have to update my system? I'm on 7.0.1 as of now.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm trying to launch the HB menu by holding down R to get full RAM. However, I'm now getting a popup telling me that the system needs to update whenever I do that. I have the option of starting the game normally, performing the update, or canceling. Is there a way to get around this so I can get full ram but don't have to update my system? I'm on 7.0.1 as of now.
power, volume up, volume down will boot you in to recovery menu it is called i think and when shutting down from that menu the update will be deleted.

Reactions: crazy_p

ChameleonSkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
power, volume up, volume down will boot you in to recovery menu it is called i think and when shutting down from that menu the update will be deleted.

Thanks! Worked like a charm. The reason this happened was because I was getting on a new network and there didn't seem to be an option to enter new DNS info for 90NS until after I'd already joined the network. I'm sure that's when it got the update (even though it was only connected that way for about a minute while I entered the 90NS info). For the future, is there a way to enter the 90NS dns entries before the it tries to connect for the first time on a new connection?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks! Worked like a charm. The reason this happened was because I was getting on a new network and there didn't seem to be an option to enter new DNS info for 90NS until after I'd already joined the network. I'm sure that's when it got the update (even though it was only connected that way for about a minute while I entered the 90NS info). For the future, is there a way to enter the 90NS dns entries before the it tries to connect for the first time on a new connection?
well i block all adresses through my own router wich is a bit more work so you can also do it that way. You're always safe that way but if it ever happens again just go in to that recovery menu and well profit i guess xd

ChameleonSkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i block all adresses through my own router wich is a bit more work so you can also do it that way. You're always safe that way but if it ever happens again just go in to that recovery menu and well profit i guess xd

Yep - that's what I'd do at home, but this was on a public network out in the world. I didn't see any option to enter custom DNS when putting in the network password, maybe someone else knows?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter