Also related

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It is not strictly on topic but clicking around to see if I should do the cancelled TV shows article already I found
http://www.tv.com/shows/game-of-thr...me-of-thrones-is-not-for-children-1396712387/

If one ever needed an example of the typical writing style but detached from more trigger word type things then you have it there.
"Women are Strong" is a reason for children not to watch the show? And there I thought that murder and nudity were enough of a tip off. :rofl2:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Women are Strong" is a reason for children not to watch the show? And there I thought that murder and nudity were enough of a tip off. :rofl2:

I don't know. Game of Thrones is a family show around here -- myself, my siblings and my mother gather around my mother's ancient glowing CRT without fail (after dinner of course), someone has to fiddle with the (network) wire to ensure proper reception and following the show we all have a nice little pause before we discuss the events of the show.

Regarding the author of the article I do have to wonder if we saw the same show, granted I have also read the books and there may be a "everybody sees what they want to see" thing going on.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't know. Game of Thrones is a family show around here -- myself, my siblings and my mother gather around my mother's ancient glowing CRT without fail (after dinner of course), someone has to fiddle with the (network) wire to ensure proper reception and following the show we all have a nice little pause before we discuss the events of the show.

Regarding the author of the article I do have to wonder if we saw the same show, granted I have also read the books and there may be a "everybody sees what they want to see" thing going on.
The critical mistake here is that you're wondering if you saw the same show as the author. You have not, and don't even try to get past the jaded glasses and dive straight into the author's mind, otherwise you might find yourself in the confusing position of reading an article about how Legend of Zelda is sexist, racist and classist.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But but but Zelda is based on the traditional social orders of the time.
"NO, FAST! IT'S DESPICABLE THAT ZELDA CAN ONLY EVER FREE HERSELF FROM THE SHACKLES OF HER GENDER ROLE WHEN SHE CROSS-DRESSES AS SHEIK! THE SOCIETY REFUSES TO ACCEPT THE IMAGE OF A STRONG WOMAN! AS A PRINCESS, SHE ONLY GETS KIDNAPPED OVER AND OVER BECAUSE ONLY MEN CAN POSSESS ANY FORM OF POWER IN THE DISGUSTING AND FILTHY WORLD OF HYRULE!" *Insert further feminist drivel*

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
"NO, FAST! IT'S DESPICABLE THAT ZELDA CAN ONLY EVER FREE HERSELF FROM THE SHACKLES OF HER GENDER ROLE WHEN SHE CROSS-DRESSES AS SHEIK! THE SOCIETY REFUSES TO ACCEPT THE IMAGE OF A STRONG WOMAN! AS A PRINCESS, SHE ONLY GETS KIDNAPPED OVER AND OVER BECAUSE ONLY MEN CAN POSSESS ANY FORM OF POWER IN THE DISGUSTING AND FILTHY WORLD OF HYRULE!" *Insert further feminist drivel*
The woman who secretly wrote that article was probably just having her period.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The woman who secretly wrote that article was probably just having her period.
It's actually an interesting read, she he (herp a derp) raises a couple of fun points... points that have nothing to do with the reality of a video game and probably aren't even deliberate, but points nonetheless. Insert your Feminist Frequency reference here.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It's actually an interesting read, she raises a couple of fun points... points that have nothing to do with the reality of a video game and probably aren't even deliberate, but points nonetheless. Insert your Feminist Frequency reference here.
Well it was written by a man, I was just making a joke.

Reactions: Foxi4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night