Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
overlord00 said:
presumably, anyone who voted the last option either does not have a xbox/360 or really hates microsoft... amiright?
Or the fact that it is can easily be seen as an overated franchise (with which I agree). I have had a 360 for years now and I really do not care for the franshise as all. The multiplayer is decent but thats about it. If you simply say that you hate it if you dont "have a xbox/360 or really hates microsoft" then you are one of the vain, idiotic fanboys that make this frachise get the harsh reception by others.

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted overrated. I personally dont feel they're bad games. I've played through half of the first, and tried playing the second. But I just cant get into it, and am a little frustrated at how every game out now is an FPS that tries to be a Halo clone(Or a CoD clone, but thats a different story). Perhaps thats not Halo's fault, but you cant argue that its success is directly responsible for this situation, like it or not.

Just thought I'd clarify, I LOVE FPS games and I do own a 360. But Halo (and CoD) just dont click with me. I dont hate them for it, I just dont like their fans because they can be rather... well, just look at the post two above mine saying that if you dont like Halo you dont have an xbox.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don`t think Halo is as overrated as some other series of games are, which I don`t want to mention here but no one can deny, that the original Halo had a huge impact on how FPS are seen on consoles and the amazing Multiplayer Halo2 had...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I personally think Halo is over-rated. I played 1-3 and they really didn't do much for the game industry other than make every game after have to be like Halo. That aside they aren't that great.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
eltrut said:
Halo 1 and 3. Yes, the halo series is overrated but they made FPS mainstream on consoles and fixed the controls.
I don't know why people keep saying that. What exactly did Halo change control wise? I haven't been able to find anything. Don't get me wrong; the controls were really good, but so were the dual analog controls in, for example, Perfect Dark, a year earlier.

Halo is definitely overrated if you ask me. It's just a shooter done well, not something new entirely. That said, for the time it did everything really well. Not only were the controls spot on, the levels were also really well designed and the graphics were incredible (in 2001). I found Halo 2 to be really bad. I don't know how that's even possible (I can enjoy really mediocre shooters), but it just seemed to do so much wrong. I think it was the bad level design that bored me after a few hours.

I haven't played Halo 3 enough to judge it, but it just seemed more of the same. Whether Halo 1 and 2 were good or not, Halo 3 was just a repetition of what they'd done before.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate Halo 3, the game I hate more than any other in the world, for the following reasons:

1) It's too short. Seriously, even my little brother can complete it on Legendary in a little over five hours. That's pathetic.
2) Halo 3 was billed as the biggest game release of all time with incredible graphics and mind-blowing gameplay. When it actually hit shelves it was short, the graphics weren't especially jaw-dropping, the gameplay didn't really add anything note-worthy in my opinion, and it just felt very underwhelming as a whole.
3) The final boss is a little sphere? Give me a F'in break. No epic showdown with some huge and uber-violent beast from beyond our dimension or something? No, we get to fight an FFXIII treasure orb. There's more of a climax when two chavs get it on. And given that the guys don't care and the girls all have chuffs like a wizard's sleeve that's been stretched over an elephant's leg, that's saying something.
4) My little brother and his exceptionally stupid friends have a nasty habit of taking up the tv for the entire day to mess about on Forge, building space rockets and shopping malls, all while uttering the words that bring my piss to a boil like a BNP party political broadcast; 'Dont shoot me, Im trying to explore'. FFS, even writing it down makes me want to pelt them to death with stale donuts.
5) MC, if you're gonna fall in love with a computer generated image, at least go for one of the DOA girls or something. That was easily one of the stupidest 'romances' in gaming history. Beaten only by that Sonic/Elise thing....eww...
6) How is Master Chief 'cool', by any definition? He's boring. We're supposed to be shocked when he *SPOILERS* dies, but I for one could not possibly have given any less of a shit.
7) It has one of the worst fanboy bases outside of Final Fantasy 7. Try telling any 360 owner that Halo 3 is not the best game of all time and they'll stab you in the crotch with a lance dipped in wolf piss.
8) It suffers from 'Live Syndrome'. IE: Games being released purely for multiplayer, tacking on some half-arsed campaign at the last minute. Ever consider that some people actually might want a decent single player game every now and then? No, we only play online nowadays, don't we?
9) Teabagging. Nuff said.
10) While Xbox Live has a lot of games that seem to be full of stupid, ignorant, racist 12 year olds screaming abuse into the mic, Halo 3 takes the cake. By a long shot. Even beating that time I got a full five minutes of angry rant for pistol-whipping someone on Gears 2.

I have more, but I also have a bacon sandwich that demands my attention.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Langin said:
Halo is f'ing overrated, its a big METROID clone, master chief is a samus aran clone!

Master Chief is a girl!

I played this once, I thought nope this is not my game!
I didn't see your comment earlier, and I just wanted to say that you should play both Metroid and Halo a lot more. I can see why you'd think Samus and Master Chief look alike, but Halo and Metroid are completely different games.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played once or twice, I don't like it.

I am only against the 12-year-olds who play Halo.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
Langin said:
Halo is f'ing overrated, its a big METROID clone, master chief is a samus aran clone!

Master Chief is a girl!

I played this once, I thought nope this is not my game!
I didn't see your comment earlier, and I just wanted to say that you should play both Metroid and Halo a lot more. I can see why you'd think Samus and Master Chief look alike, but Halo and Metroid are completely different games.

I think he means the Metroid Prime Series and Halo series are similar (because surely, he can't mean the Metroid series as a whole...)

Either way, even in saying that, there's very few similarities between the two games, other than being in First Person and featuring main characters who use powered suits.

Any who, I don't mind the Halo series. It's decent fun.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Played the 1st Halo and quite enjoyed it, started Halo 2 but lost interest in it very quick, didn't even try the 3rd.

So does this make me for or against it?...i dunno

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
The first Halo game was incredible fun. It was ridiculous and some of the weapons were horribly unbalanced *cough* pistol *cough*, but it was great fun. My best friend and I will still occasionally get a few beers in and blast through some of the levels. Sadly none of the other games really captured the same magic.

Halo 3 is pretty good if you can get enough people playing it, and i'm enjoying the Halo Reach Beta, although i'm not sure how the campaign will stack up, but the multiplayer is fun and feels more realistic than the other Halo games.

The rest of them are a bit meh.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Langin said:
Halo came out before the First Person Metroid games.

By your logic, Metroid is a clone of Halo, which is a clone of Goldeneye, which was a clone of Doom.

If being an FPS means you're a clone of an older FPS, then that would be like saying 99.9% of all games are ripoffs of games from the 1980's

I.E. Goldensun is a ripoff of Pong, or Metroid Other M is a ripoff of Grand Theft Auto.

CharmingLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
Langin said:

By your logic, Metroid is a clone of Halo, which is a clone of Goldeneye, which was a clone of Doom.

If being an FPS means you're a clone of an older FPS, then that would be like saying 99.9% of all games are ripoffs of games from the 1980's

I.E. Goldensun is a ripoff of Pong, or Metroid Other M is a ripoff of Grand Theft Auto.
You have absolutely no idea of what your talking about stfu and gtfo

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IamUrGod said:
Njrg said:
Langin said:

Um, no, he's actually right. Halo: Combat Evolved was released 2001. Metroid Prime was released 2002. And Metroid Prime and Halo are different games in every sense. Metroid Prim is a First Person Adventure. Halo is a First Person Shooter.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
IamUrGod said:
Njrg said:
Langin said:

Man, keep your words clean. YOu can swear but dont do that to other members
YOu have no rights saying those things as they are considered flaming
either you didnt read the rules or you forgot them, you can leave now. you're not a big loss anyway

Thanks
smile.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
F'N Overrated. If Im going to play a futuristic FPS Im sticking with Perfect Dark. I think it's a decent FPS but there's so many Halo fanboys

iMinotauro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Voted for overrated!
From experience, I did love Halo don't get me wrong.

But it becomes so predictable, throw nades' use BR.

Yeah you can argue the same thing for all games but Halo is such a drag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5