PS1/2 Fmcb on a 900XX

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys found some old ps2 slim PAL 900xx(not fmcb compatible but has magic swap 2.0 and 3.8) model in my basement is it possible now to get fmcb running with the new FDVDB exploit?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Reactions: rantex92

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some 9xxxx do, some not. If your console doesn't accept updates, FMCB will not work. FreeDVDBoot can be used to install FMBC to a memory card or as an alternative way of starting homebrew.

There is PS2 Fortuna Project if you want an exploit on Memory Card instead of DVD. It is a bit less comfortable than FMCB but works on ALL PS2 consoles.

Good luck and have fun!

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just because I saw it on aliexpress recently and wondered what it was...

This chinese (?) seller says: Yes. ;)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003308292091.html

Disclosure: I have no other information on what would allow or prevent FMCB to work on those consoles.
its one of those models where the update through memcard is dissabled and i forgot to mention i already got a fmcb memcard and a working phat 300xx with fhhdb this just a project to kill some time
Some 9xxxx do, some not. If your console doesn't accept updates, FMCB will not work. FreeDVDBoot can be used to install FMBC to a memory card or as an alternative way of starting homebrew.

There is PS2 Fortuna Project if you want an exploit on Memory Card instead of DVD. It is a bit less comfortable than FMCB but works on ALL PS2 consoles.

Good luck and have fun!
ohh so i got it wrong then eh? fdvdb is an installer not actual fmcb on dvd -.-
thank u

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i didnt want to make a new thread so im asking here again does anybody know something about XEB+ (xtreme elite boot+)? (whats the current status, does somebody got it already running on their ps2? or knows where to get the leaked version?)

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I'm glad you asked!

Here's what we did this week:
We remade the interface from scratch.
Here it is with the default theme:

And here it is with an animated / dynamic theme:

whats the current status
WIP
does somebody got it already running on their ps2
Yes, everyone with access to it...
where to get the leaked version?
I don't advise you to hunt for the leaked versions. The one from 2018 is stable but forced to Spanish. The one from 2019 (the one that was leaked on a Russian website) is risky and should not be used by anyone since it plays a bit with your console's NVM.

Last edited by Chelsea_Fantasy,

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm glad you asked!

Here's what we did this week:
We remade the interface from scratch.
Here it is with the default theme:

And here it is with an animated / dynamic theme:

WIP

Yes, everyone with access to it...

I don't advise you to hunt for the leaked versions. The one from 2018 is stable but forced to Spanish. The one from 2019 (the one that was leaked on a Russian website) is risky and should not be used by anyone since it plays a bit with your console's NVM.

thanks for the little insight on the current status it amazes me what is possible on this 20 yr old little machine
By the way, you can simply use FunTuna in your SCPH-900XX:
https://www.psx-place.com/resources/funtuna-free-mcboot-for-fortuna.993/

Check our other resources... You might find some interesting stuff:
https://www.psx-place.com/resources/authors/hwnj.32001/
did funtuna yesterday it worked like a charm but then i tried osdsys launcher wich wouldnt work but nevermind at least got funtuna running

Chelsea_Fantasy

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
thanks for the little insight on the current status it amazes me what is possible on this 20 yr old little machine

did funtuna yesterday it worked like a charm but then i tried osdsys launcher wich wouldnt work but nevermind at least got funtuna running
OSDSYS Launcher requires you to install an OSDSYS update for it to launch. It also requires you to have an entry point.
The normal FMCB installs as OSDSYS update so, you need to install FMCB, then launch OSDSYS Launcher via (Open/Fun/For)-tuna.

All that mess is not needed since FunTuna exists.
OSDSYS Launcher nowadays should only be considered "something that was useful years ago".

Reactions: zfreeman

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OSDSYS Launcher requires you to install an OSDSYS update for it to launch. It also requires you to have an entry point.
The normal FMCB installs as OSDSYS update so, you need to install FMCB, then launch OSDSYS Launcher via (Open/Fun/For)-tuna.

All that mess is not needed since FunTuna exists.
OSDSYS Launcher nowadays should only be considered "something that was useful years ago".
thats good to know that osdsys launcher is now obsolete i thought it was newer than funtuna

PetiHun2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey guys found some old ps2 slim PAL 900xx(not fmcb compatible but has magic swap 2.0 and 3.8) model in my basement is it possible now to get fmcb running with the new FDVDB exploit?
with HWC-odsys launcher its possible. Install and FunTuna with FreeDVDBoot exploits uLE. After that download HWC-ODSYS launcher. In uLE Go to mc?:BOOT (Depending which slot are the card in that you installed FunTuna on), here press r1 on BOOT.elf delete BOOT.elf and copy The odsys launcher BOOT.elf To this folder. After that just reboot the console. After rebooot go to browser, here go to the 1st memory card. You will see here an invisible icon. Got to it and press x after that just go back and you will see fmcb.

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
with HWC-odsys launcher its possible. Install and FunTuna with FreeDVDBoot exploits uLE. After that download HWC-ODSYS launcher. In uLE Go to mc?:BOOT (Depending which slot are the card in that you installed FunTuna on), here press r1 on BOOT.elf delete BOOT.elf and copy The odsys launcher BOOT.elf To this folder. After that just reboot the console. After rebooot go to browser, here go to the 1st memory card. You will see here an invisible icon. Got to it and press x after that just go back and you will see fmcb.
thanks but i allready got it working

Chelsea_Fantasy

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
This is an obsolete instructions set

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...