Flickering screen instead of sleep mode

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by crazybus, Jul 25, 2010.

Jul 25, 2010
  1. crazybus
    OP

Newcomer crazybus Newbie

Australia
    I recently received a supercard dstwo from the affiliated shop and am currently very please with both the card, and the shop I got it from.

I have one problem though. While all of the games have worked perfectly so far Advance Wars Dual Strike while working causes the DS to play up in sleep mode. If I shut the lid both screens flash white over and over in sucession. Also the battery slight flicks on and off at the same tempo while the speakers emit a sound of slight static sound at each flash. The tempo is around 2-3 beats per second. This continues until you open the DS again, at which point everything is perfect as if nothing happened.

This is on a DS Lite and I only have it to test on so I don't know if it effects others.

Thanking everyone for their help and if it'll help I'd also appreciate finding somewhere to find a bugreport if need be.

2. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    This has happened to my DSphat multiple times, but not just with the DS-TWO. If you have any actual games, try them and see if the problem persists.

3. crazybus
    OP

Newcomer crazybus Newbie

Australia
    I tried a licensed cart and there's no problem there in sleep mode. Sleep mode also works perfectly on all the other games I've tried on the dstwo. Just not Advance Wars Dual Strike. (both the US and European versions)

4. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Sounds like you have a 3in1 in slot2, in some games this causes sleep mode to not work correctly hence the flickering.

5. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    This happened to my old R4 with wood firmware and I bought a new R4 from Shoptemp and no problems, received my r4 today, not even 2 weeks after I ordered...so it might be the flashcart otherwise EZ 3 in 1 might be in your slot 2 or it could me your memory cards, try formatting it with the panasonic SD formatter