Hacking Flashing the NOR

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspect I did something wrong with this, because almost all my flashed NOR roms freeze right after the GBA logo disappears.
Those same games had flashed just fine earlier in the day and loaded. Now they don't. Oddly enough, a single game, a modified version of another game(That game doesn't load, too) seems to flash without fail. That is the only game that will flash to the NOR properly. If it's of any help, it's the Sacred Contention patch for Fire Emblem.
I've tried using GBAExloader, but I've no bloody clue if it's freezing or not because my top screen is broken. >.<

Any help?

EDIT: I don't know if this is related, but I upgraded AKAIO on my Acekard 2i from 1.8.9 to 1.8.9z just prior to this...

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
To flash to NOR in AKAIO, you need to bring up the properties window of the game. Then press the button that says flash to NOR.

IMG_150257c.jpg

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More troubles. Both PSRAM and NOR are now refusing to save at all. I'm getting a lovely New Game screen for all my stuff now.
Doesn't the PSRAM not rely on the battery? Not to mention both were saving fine earlier today.

Unless... All these issues can be attributed to the battery?

EDIT: All my games use the SRAM savetype, so what gives?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do not use AKAIO internal loader and then switch to GBA ExpLoader. Use one OR the other only. Switching between the two ERASES the SAVE and SETTINGS stored in SRAM.

Use the first link in my sig, then goto the section that says ROM Patching, tools you need are there. Games that will give you the most grief are those with EEPROM save types.
Use use the Release list to look up your game save type BEFORE you patch a game. Games that DONOT require patching are save types with SRAM.

Release list : http://gbatemp.net/newgon/?dat=gba

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a last ditch effort, I just swapped out two roms to my original R4 and another MSD... They both flash to NOR correctly on it and they even save in NOR and PSRAM... The R4 won't boot the NOR at all, but it can flash it and if I remove the R4, the NOR will load.
But the second I swap the R4 out with the Acekard, the NOR save becomes corrupted. I have to test this more to ssee if I lose the saves in a few days, but it seems like the R4 actually is working better...
Somehow I'm doubting it's the 3in1 or the ROM anymore. Is the AKAIO software at fault or is my Acekard's MSD ready for a format?

EDIT: Nope, I lost the PSRAM save on my R4. The NOR remains unaffected(so far), though.
EDIT EDIT: NOR save just died too. I guess it is the rom/3in1 after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.