Hacking Flashing a Flash2Advance with a DS flashcard?

tan-tan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought an old Flash2Advance 256mbit card. It didn't come with any linker, but i do have a DS flashcard. Any software that'll let me flash a ROM to a slot2 card?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If you got an Ak2/i with AKAIO, you can use the built in 3in1/FAS functions to write to the F2A. It works with the F2A 256M.

If your save doesn't stay on the F2A after a reboot, it means the battery is dead and you will have to replace the battery.
can't he also use xploader to write the game?
i can use it with a m3 or even ez iv

ps: @how_do_i_do_that i was about to mention on your profile but you should change your signature about flashcarts with rtc, because krikzz made one recently (and got 2 more planned)

Last edited by migles,

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: migles

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
ExpLoader doesn't support the F2A.

There is the standalone loader FAS tool: https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-fas1-1-5-f1650.html

you want to probably use this if you don't have or plan to find a AK2/i.

---
@migles
I'll get around to it, eventually.
i had used xploader, i remember i read somewhere that it could be dangerous for a ez iv cart?
it's great to play with the gba frame, is there other tools that can do this? launch gba card with the frame?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i had used xploader, i remember i read somewhere that it could be dangerous for a ez iv cart?
it's great to play with the gba frame, is there other tools that can do this? launch gba card with the frame?
Exploader can erases the boot sector of a EZIV, it is fixable but requires the use of a EZ writer/reader from a EZ2 or EZ3.

There are only a handful of stand alone loaders, most of them stopped development before the 3in1+ came out.
I don't remember if Cory's loader did or didn't support the use of a frame.
CycloDS didn't use a frame, if it did I don't remember it.
NDStation, didn't have frames from what I remember. Frames were new when the v1.2.1 was released. here
Every R4 clone basically relied on wood for 3in1 support, all the R4 clones that used the older system files didn't have 3in1 support and had to use an external loader.
YSMenu probably had frame support.
M3 basically didn't use frames for their gba expansion pack, even in the M3i zero.

Reactions: migles

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
t
Exploader can erases the boot sector of a EZIV, it is fixable but requires the use of a EZ writer/reader from a EZ2 or EZ3.

There are only a handful of stand alone loaders, most of them stopped development before the 3in1+ came out.
I don't remember if Cory's loader did or didn't support the use of a frame.
CycloDS didn't use a frame, if it did I don't remember it.
NDStation, didn't have frames from what I remember. Frames were new when the v1.2.1 was released. here
Every R4 clone basically relied on wood for 3in1 support, all the R4 clones that used the older system files didn't have 3in1 support and had to use an external loader.
YSMenu probably had frame support.
M3 basically didn't use frames for their gba expansion pack, even in the M3i zero.
thanks for the information.

tan-tan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ExpLoader doesn't support the F2A.

There is the standalone loader FAS tool: https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-fas1-1-5-f1650.html

you want to probably use this if you don't have or plan to find a AK2/i.

Using that tool gives me
'detecting flash type: unknown
***exception unsupported flashcart (0xff)'
I wonder if my cart is broken. I don't have an AK2/i.
Oddly, this appears to be the homebrew ROM on the cartridge right now. http://pdroms.de/files/gameboyadvance/apydia-release-2

Last edited by tan-tan,

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Depends. There is a 256M F2A Ultra version which has 2 buttons and likely not supported by the FAS1 loader.

f2a_ultra_card.jpg

If you got this one, your going to need to get your hands on either the cable or reader/writer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: