Gaming Flashcart Question

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i is cheap, like 12 bucks nowadays, and runs all the roms I've tried flawlessly.

with akAIO, the devs always update, great UI.

I have no complaints.

Acekard 2i FTW.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Presumably you are new to flashcarts, so a great beginers cart is either the Acekard 2.1 or the 1:1 R4 which will be compatible with Wood R4. There are many different R4's which you can buy, you specifically want that R4 as it's the only one which can run Wood (it's operating system). Those R4's which can't run Wood have poor compatibility and should be avoided.

Both are very easy to use and are compatible with the recent games. The only real difference is the R4 will be limited to 2GB MicroSD cards while the Acekard 2.1 can use MicroSDHC cards upto 32GB in capacity.

I have a beginners guide for the Acekard http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103

and a beginners guide for the R4 http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=227742

You also have the DSTWO Which has additional features such as a GBA Emulation, SNES emulation and Real Time save. But it costs a lot more.

shadowcheater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
id personally say the r4 card it has action replay cheat function built in and i havent expreienced any trouble with using it so far
and you can buy it know for like 6 quid

XoxconnorxoX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thee best is r4 revoloution (running wood r4)because it runs all roms a few patched and most dldi patched hombrew perfectley + unlimeted cheats
yaynds.gif

Tokyo Jihen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
Okay, so you have a DS Lite.

Options #1 - You get to play DS and GBA game for near 100% compatibility.
$14.95 - Acekard 2i
$20.00 - EZ-Flash 3in1

Options #2 - You get to play DS for near 100% compatibility. GBA for 80% compatibility. You can play SNES game whereas first option you couldn't.
$34.95 Supercard DSTwo
You can play SNES games on the first option with the Acekard 2.1/2i.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
But they're twice as slow and incompatible.
I wouldn't say that...From what Mbmax tried, the SNEmulDS WIP2 with 3in1 plays Donkey Kong Country II (or maybe it was DKCI) at a speed that was too fast for him to play for prolonged amounts of time.

QUOTE(Warrior522 @ Sep 14 2010, 05:13 PM) I reccommend the TT if you're cheap like me; it's only 5 bucks and it works very well.
I have once heard that TTDS users love their Magic Touch Key or something like that, though I probably won't understand it unless I get a TTDS, but on the other hand, shoptemp sells WoodR4 compatible R4's for $6 that is very good and YWG seems to be pretty on top of releases.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
Midna said:
But they're twice as slow and incompatible.
I wouldn't say that...From what Mbmax tried, the SNEmulDS WIP2 with 3in1 plays Donkey Kong Country II (or maybe it was DKCI) at a speed that was too fast for him to play for prolonged amounts of time.

QUOTE(Warrior522 @ Sep 14 2010, 05:13 PM) I reccommend the TT if you're cheap like me; it's only 5 bucks and it works very well.
I have once heard that TTDS users love their Magic Touch Key or something like that, though I probably won't understand it unless I get a TTDS, but on the other hand, shoptemp sells WoodR4 compatible R4's for $6 that is very good and YWG seems to be pretty on top of releases.

I have a DSTT, I have no idea what that magic touch key thing is you're talking about. The only thing remotely close to that I can think of is hot-key soft reset?

chrissmith9c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personnaly use a acekard 2.1 with AKAIO

I am however saving up to get a supercard ds2

If you have the money SCDS2
If you are a little low on cash Acekard 2i

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum