Hacking Flashcart for GB Micro

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I see that now. I would have been better to go with a G6, because the plastic covers, and the 3 extra Gigabits.
Mmmm... perhaps I will sell my almost unused EZ3, but I don't think I can get my 77USD back. And the G6 costs more that 100USD!!! (on GameYeeeah.com+shipping).
What really bothered my about the EZ3 is its buggy installation of the PC applications AND the fact that I can't flash The Justice League Heroes: The Flash game to the cart!!!!!!!!!!
hate2.gif

Still, other than that it works kinda OK with my new GB micro.

and that was the other thing that put me off the EZ flash III the gba support wasn't that good, there are some on screen glitches with games, i don't know how much that has improved with latest firmware though. and i wasn't too keen on the client either, it's up to you really, because i brought my G6 lite from realhotstuff for $87.99 and shipping $13.00= $100.99 it works out much cheaper for me as when it converts to pounds the price goes down a lot
tongue.gif
so for me i brought the G6 lite for £50 pounds.

THanks for the info I will check that realhotstuff site out. I really getting interested on a G6 cart now.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
cool, and btw you will probably pay much less shipping because you are living in the usa so that's a bonus to you i guess
biggrin.gif
and yes check out all the reviews first @ g6flash website, watch the videos on youtube and just read all the topics on here and then you can decide if you want the flash cart or not.

and btw if you want the G6 lite even cheaper...check out bamboogaming, the price there is very good
biggrin.gif
but you do not get the box just the tin with all the contents, but that's a little price to pay when it's very cheap there.

deepee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my two memory cards in from NewEgg.

I had ordered two Kingston models:

1 GB microSD for my phone
1 GB miniSD for my EZF4

My microSD says it's made in Japan. However, my miniSD says it was made in Taiwan.

This is the one I ordered: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16820134021

I know that the Taiwanese microSD cards are crap, so I assume the same can be said for the miniSD cards. Knowing that, will this matter for using the EZF4 on my GB Micro?

I know some of you have said that the quality of the card doesn't matter (at least for the EZF4) because it runs the games on internal memory and stores the games onto the miniSD card. How true is this?

Should I return my miniSD card and get a different brand?

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GBA games are fully loaded into RAM on their launch. The only thing you get with a crappy SD card that they'll take a bit longer to launch, but no ingame slowdowns or whatever. In fact, you can always flash one game to NOR (takes several minutes) and it will load instantly until you format NOR/flash the other game to NOR.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good choice. I have the EZ4 Minisd, and I must say, it works perfectly. My brother uses it for his GBA Micro and it works fine for him. (I still need to get a Micro as well...) And you can find great MiniSD cards for dirt cheap (meaning 1 gig for $15-$20 or less) I would suggest buy.com for the memory cards, because they usually have rebates that make them very inexpensive. The EZ4 minisd also works in the gamecube player, which is awesome. Good luck!

doghy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, this is my first post. First of all, excuse for my bad English but I'm Italian.

I´ve bought a GB Micro 2 days ago and now I´m looking for a card to play only GBA games.

Many users suggest an Ez Flash 4 card but I've read in an italian forum that this card has many problems to save, is true?

In alternative I've seen M3 Perfect Mini SD, is a valid card? Is better than Ez Flash 4?

Thanks
happy.gif

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No save problems with EZ4, of course, what a bullshit. M3 may be better than EZ4 only if you intend to play Pokemon games, as EZ4 doesn't have Real Time Clock. Then again EZ4 has NOR which allows for instant boot of your favorite game. And EZ4 is like 3 times cheaper than M3.

deepee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good choice. I have the EZ4 Minisd, and I must say, it works perfectly. My brother uses it for his GBA Micro and it works fine for him. (I still need to get a Micro as well...) And you can find great MiniSD cards for dirt cheap (meaning 1 gig for $15-$20 or less) I would suggest buy.com for the memory cards, because they usually have rebates that make them very inexpensive. The EZ4 minisd also works in the gamecube player, which is awesome. Good luck!

Out of curiosity, what kind of miniSD card do you have?

doghy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My Game Boy micro is arrived!!! It's fantastic and I'm very happy!
grog.gif

070404zm6.jpg

No I must choose a card but I'm confuse... please, help me
cry.gif

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, where'd you get a green one? I'm green with envy =)

As far as choosing a card, I think this thread and one more JUST like it have some really good information.

HINT: EZIV mini-SD is a good start to look into
wink.gif

doghy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow, where'd you get a green one? I'm green with envy =)

As far as choosing a card, I think this thread and one more JUST like it have some really good information.

wink.gif

Thank you!!!
biggrin.gif

I think that green is a color avaible only in Europe (infact I'm Italian, excuse me for my bad english
tongue.gif
)

I've read all this thread and others similar but I'm undecided to buy an Ez Flash 4 or a M3 perfet! But many people suggest Ez 4 so I think that I will buy that card!

deepee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, where'd you get a green one? I'm green with envy =)

wink.gif

Thank you!!!
biggrin.gif

I think that green is a color avaible only in Europe (infact I'm Italian, excuse me for my bad english
tongue.gif
)

I've read all this thread and others similar but I'm undecided to buy an Ez Flash 4 or a M3 perfet! But many people suggest Ez 4 so I think that I will buy that card!

I have an EZF4 coming to me in the mail. I'll let you know how it is when I get it. Congrats on your GB Micro! I love mine already.

deepee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my EZF4 today.

I'll let possible purchasers know how well it works when I get a chance to mess around with it later today.

4g9clsh.jpg

4c8fvad.jpg

2m6vfv7.jpg

deepee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a good and up to date tutorial I can use to get started on my EZF4? I have no idea how to use this thing.

deepee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.