Hacking Flashcard for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Member
Joined
May 30, 2010
Messages
2,784
Trophies
0
Age
26
Location
United Kingdom
XP
852
Country
(i have a really funny feeling this is going to be deleted but i really need to know...)
And before you say something like 'check the sticky' or 'there's already hundreds of threads for that' - I've already looked and read.

Hi,
My brothers are getting a dsi for Christmas and i kinda need some advice on what flashcard to get them.
I already have and original R4 for my lite with wood r4 1.18 and moonshell 2 on it and love it! This would be perfect but Wood r4 doesn't work on dsi (and I'm not sure about the one for R4i Gold)...

Basically i am looking for a cheap (£20 or under - not the £ not $) flashcard that will support moonshell, SDHC (not major priority), near perfect game compatibility (not fussed on homebrew or Jpn/USA/Ger versions just EUR), cheat support and a team which actually does something and brings out updates often.

Thanks,
Wizzerzak
smile.gif


P.S. Also it would need to be in time for Christmas if anyone knows a good supplier.

oh another thing i dont really need these but would be useful:
> Soft reset
> Real-time save
> Fit nicely into DSi
> Decent skin database
 

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Nya~
Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2009
Messages
26,242
Trophies
4
Location
Making a non-binary fuss
XP
30,883
Country
Antarctica
What you described is every flashcard for the DSi, here some flashcards that have active teams, work on DSi and do just what you want

Acekard 2i A flashcard with plenty of features, updates quite often, and doesn't take up too much battery life.

EZ-FLASH Vi PLUS Same as the first

Supercard DS Onei Same as the first, but can use firmwares like Ysmenu

Supercard DS Two Same as the first, but also includes features like GBA and SNES emulation and an on-board CPU. But it does take up a lot of battery life

Changed the links up and felt like adding something to them
 

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
3,985
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
Website
Starmen.net
XP
695
Country
United States
The best out there is the SuperCard DSTWO. Will give you all of that and more -- GBA Emulator on any DS with using it's extra processing power, along with great SNES Emulator as well. Has near perfect game compatabillty (almost always does not need fixes or patches).

Such an excellent flashcart. about 30-35 bucks US (less than 20 euros, right?)

If you do not need all those features, go for the Acekard 2i. for 16 bucks US, and use AKAIO and you will have near perfect compatabillty. Not quite as good as DSTWO but still a great cheaper option for people who do not want GBA and SNES emulation. Just be warned that some SD cards do not work right with the latest AKAIO firmware.

Buy it from ShopTemp, or for faster delivery promised for Christmas, buy from RealHotStuff.com. great site.
 

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Joined
Jan 15, 2009
Messages
1,294
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Puertorico
Website
Visit site
XP
55
Country
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
What you described is every flashcard for the DSi, here some flashcards that have active teams, work on DSi and do just what you want

http://shoptemp.com/products/Acekard-2i-Ca...e-DSi-p-30.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/EZ-Flash-Vi-D...e-DSi-p-39.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/R4i-Gold-Card...e-DSi-p-33.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/Supercard-DST...e-DSi-p-97.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/Supercard-DSO...e-DSi-p-36.html

Edit: Also yeah there are already too many threads for this, please just stick to those topics already, it's pointless making so many topics for the same topic over and over again
http://gbatemp.net/t217593-the-which-flash...get-info-thread


Dint they say shoptemp was no longer selling cards ?
 

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
3,985
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
Website
Starmen.net
XP
695
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
What you described is every flashcard for the DSi, here some flashcards that have active teams, work on DSi and do just what you want

http://shoptemp.com/products/Acekard-2i-Ca...e-DSi-p-30.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/EZ-Flash-Vi-D...e-DSi-p-39.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/R4i-Gold-Card...e-DSi-p-33.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/Supercard-DST...e-DSi-p-97.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/Supercard-DSO...e-DSi-p-36.html

Edit: Also yeah there are already too many threads for this, please just stick to those topics already, it's pointless making so many topics for the same topic over and over again
http://gbatemp.net/t217593-the-which-flash...get-info-thread


Dint they say shoptemp was no longer selling cards ?

You are very correct.

Kind of upsetting... what was the real reason, anyways?
 

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Nya~
Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2009
Messages
26,242
Trophies
4
Location
Making a non-binary fuss
XP
30,883
Country
Antarctica
Stevetry said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
What you described is every flashcard for the DSi, here some flashcards that have active teams, work on DSi and do just what you want

http://shoptemp.com/products/Acekard-2i-Ca...e-DSi-p-30.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/EZ-Flash-Vi-D...e-DSi-p-39.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/R4i-Gold-Card...e-DSi-p-33.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/Supercard-DST...e-DSi-p-97.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/Supercard-DSO...e-DSi-p-36.html

Edit: Also yeah there are already too many threads for this, please just stick to those topics already, it's pointless making so many topics for the same topic over and over again
http://gbatemp.net/t217593-the-which-flash...get-info-thread


Dint they say shoptemp was no longer selling cards ?
Oh my, I did not notice that until now. Well that sucks
sad.gif
 

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Member
Joined
May 30, 2010
Messages
2,784
Trophies
0
Age
26
Location
United Kingdom
XP
852
Country
oh another thing i dont really need these but would be useful:
> Soft reset
> Real-time save
> Fit nicely into DSi
> Decent skin database

and Schlupi - i dont really need any emulation
 

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Member
Joined
May 30, 2010
Messages
2,784
Trophies
0
Age
26
Location
United Kingdom
XP
852
Country
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Stevetry said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
What you described is every flashcard for the DSi, here some flashcards that have active teams, work on DSi and do just what you want

http://shoptemp.com/products/Acekard-2i-Ca...e-DSi-p-30.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/EZ-Flash-Vi-D...e-DSi-p-39.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/R4i-Gold-Card...e-DSi-p-33.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/Supercard-DST...e-DSi-p-97.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/Supercard-DSO...e-DSi-p-36.html

Edit: Also yeah there are already too many threads for this, please just stick to those topics already, it's pointless making so many topics for the same topic over and over again
http://gbatemp.net/t217593-the-which-flash...get-info-thread


Dint they say shoptemp was no longer selling cards ?
Oh my, I did not notice that until now. Well that sucks
sad.gif

oh so thats why they all said they were out of stock...
 

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
3,985
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
Website
Starmen.net
XP
695
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Stevetry said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
What you described is every flashcard for the DSi, here some flashcards that have active teams, work on DSi and do just what you want

http://shoptemp.com/products/Acekard-2i-Ca...e-DSi-p-30.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/EZ-Flash-Vi-D...e-DSi-p-39.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/R4i-Gold-Card...e-DSi-p-33.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/Supercard-DST...e-DSi-p-97.html

http://shoptemp.com/products/Supercard-DSO...e-DSi-p-36.html

Edit: Also yeah there are already too many threads for this, please just stick to those topics already, it's pointless making so many topics for the same topic over and over again
http://gbatemp.net/t217593-the-which-flash...get-info-thread


Dint they say shoptemp was no longer selling cards ?
Oh my, I did not notice that until now. Well that sucks
sad.gif

oh so thats why they all said they were out of stock...

Yeah, like I said, just get it from RealHotStuff. Before the holiday rush really starts lol.
 

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
3,985
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
Website
Starmen.net
XP
695
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Schlupi said:
Yeah, like I said, just get it from RealHotStuff. Before the holiday rush really starts lol.
Personally I use 0SZ myself, which is why I changed the links to that

Yeah. that is a good option too.
happy.gif


Also, Wow. did not know they made a Chrismas Edition Acekard 2i. It is sold out everywhere already. >_>
 

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Member
Joined
May 30, 2010
Messages
2,784
Trophies
0
Age
26
Location
United Kingdom
XP
852
Country
i am sort of stuck between ak2i and r4i gold. is r4i gold worth getting now that wood r4 works on it, is there any guarantee that YWG will continue to support it, does it do everything the normal wood r4 does?

sorry lota questions, i just need to be sure, especially as it's not me buying it.
 

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Nya~
Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2009
Messages
26,242
Trophies
4
Location
Making a non-binary fuss
XP
30,883
Country
Antarctica
Wizzerzak said:
i am sort of stuck between ak2i and r4i gold. is r4i gold worth getting now that wood r4 works on it, is there any guarantee that YWG will continue to support it, does it do everything the normal wood r4 does?

sorry lota questions, i just need to be sure, especially as it's not me buying it.
I would normally say go with Acekard 2i, but some recent news could really mess with AKAIO's fate, so go with R4i Gold, unless YWG vanishes, I am pretty damn sure he will keep with the updates.
 

no03627

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
6
Trophies
0
Location
at a desk
XP
43
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Wizzerzak said:
i am sort of stuck between ak2i and r4i gold. is r4i gold worth getting now that wood r4 works on it, is there any guarantee that YWG will continue to support it, does it do everything the normal wood r4 does?

sorry lota questions, i just need to be sure, especially as it's not me buying it.
I would normally say go with Acekard 2i, but some recent news could really mess with AKAIO's fate, so go with R4i Gold, unless YWG vanishes, I am pretty damn sure he will keep with the updates.

And what be this recent new's you speak of?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: It's already scented so your dogg can have a high time +1