how can i do this

and what is the best one as im guessing there would be lots

and what is the benefit of doing this

JP317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But I have to question why would you want to? I mean it's not like the PSP or Wii where you need to mod the firmware to be able to do stuff, all you need is a flashcard, are there any benefits to changing the firmware at all anymore?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But I have to question why would you want to? I mean it's not like the PSP or Wii where you need to mod the firmware to be able to do stuff, all you need is a flashcard, are there any benefits to changing the firmware at all anymore?
http://gbatemp.net/topic/304567-bricked-ds-lite/
There are still DSBrickers out there and if you have flashme, you can fix your DS after it bricks.

Also the health warning screen is annoying and not really needed at this point.

Flashme does work on both DSPhat and DSLite, I tested both personally.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a mate of mine said you could change the firmware of the orginal nds

how can i do this

and what is the best one as im guessing there would be lots

and what is the benefit of doing this
Actually there isn't "lots." The newest and best is v0.8a and there's 4 different types (Google it). You need to search YouTube for "How to use FlashMe on DS", and the benefits have already been explained perfectly, so I wont go into that.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well there is FWNitro, although most flashcards I own don't work with it (R4, Acekard 2i, Supercard DSonei, and Supercard DSTwo) the only one that worked was my old M3 Real as well some games like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter games does not seem to work. It's an interesting firmware, but it's not for everyone.

OSpencerO

Trophies
From Nashville, Tennessee In Knoxville, Tennessee
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the "firmware" on the DS is only 256 KB in size, if I remember correctly. There's really not much room for doing much other than hacking the existing firmware, or making your own *very* minimal firmware. Thus, FlashMe is your only real choice, and it was really mostly only useful in the earlier days of DS homebrew. Nowadays you'd perhaps use it for removing the health and safety warning screen, but that's about it. My DS is flashed because I still use my slot-2 Supercard on occasion, and I like being able to boot it into DS mode without my Superkey.

As The Catboy said, FWNitro was another custom firmware back in the day, and the only other one I can remember was called CreeboMe which I would not recommend even trying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol