DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I want to make my own kernel for the R4iSDHC 20XX Series. Is it possible to Flash a custom FlashRom with DS NTRBoot Flasher in the DS mode?
Companies used to use custom flashes for their flashcarts until Nintendo started blocking them, hence the result of spoofed flashes of normal games now on just about every flashcart you see. The problem with the R4i SDHC Dual-Core 20XX, R4i SDHC Gold Pro 20XX, R4i SDHC RTS Lite 20XX, and the R4i SDHC 3DS RTS/B9S isn't related to the flash, but the actual kernel itself.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From DS Ntrboot flasher's release page, "R4i SDHC cannot support restore feature; it related NDS memory limit" and "These mean if you haven't compatible backup, you will lose permanently flashcart feature, if you have backup, you can restore using ntrboot_flasher", the latter of which is for the 3DS. I really don't know why there is this limitation as r4i sdhc firmware is 2MB (vs R4i Gold which is 4MB), so the memory limit thing confuses me. If you have a 3DS, though, it should be quite doable. You could, of course, try building a custom version of ds ntrboot flasher with a second flash cart if you're adventurous.

Last edited by kuwanger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple