Flash Carts and FPS

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by mayfly, Jan 12, 2010.

Jan 12, 2010

Flash Carts and FPS by mayfly at 5:10 PM (1,014 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. mayfly
    OP

Newcomer mayfly Member

United States
    So I got myself an Acekard 2 and its great. Much more stable and neater than my old r4 clone. One thing I was hoping it would fix though was the smoothness in touch screen controls in FPS games. Switching between my origional and rom version of Metroid hunters still shows that my new card still isnt as smooth and responsive as teh origional. Does anyone know if theres a fix or will I have to keep carrying round my favorite FPS cartidges rather than more conveniently putting them all on my cart. There feels like a slight delay in touch scren controls when I put it on the cartm, where as the origional runs perfectly smooth.
    Im using Acekard 2i on a NDS lite with latest Akaio firmware. Using an 8 gig kington micro SD wirth my cart if that helps.
    Cheers

2. Kinqdra

Member Kinqdra GBAtemp's Official T-shirt

Croatia
    I don't really think so.I don't own the original cart so I don't know the difference.sry

3. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I am guessing you mean you have an 8gb Kingston...

Kingston cards are nice and fast, however the bigger the card there is a chance that the memory registers may take longer to search. I am not overly sure, don't know how the Acekard OS handles data locations.

Basically what I am thinking is... Try a 2gb card and see if you get the same issues...

4. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    what class is your microSD?

i always recommend class 4 at least. Class 2 is known to be on the slow side. you can look at the tiny circle and number on your microSD to find the class.

5. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    I've finished Metroid a while ago on my Ak2i and haven't noticed any lag. At least not in the Single player mode, no idea how Multiplayer works. Although I'm just using a 1GB Sandisk.

6. mayfly
    OP

Newcomer mayfly Member

United States
    My card is 8gig class 4 from that little circle. By lag I dont mean frames per second, its the response of the tounch screen when controlling. Might not be noticable unless you have the origional to compare it too?

7. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Try a smaller card if you can. Borrow a friend's maybe - a lot of mobiles use them...

8. zero1221

Newcomer zero1221 Advanced Member

United States
    Did you try adjusting the touch screen sensitivity in the control options?

9. mayfly
    OP

Newcomer mayfly Member

United States
    after doing some research I have found maybe its related to the clas of the Micro SD. Mine if class 4. This has a slower write speed min. thtn those of 1-2gb storage space. Does anyone know if class 6 cards offer noticably better performace?

10. kingsanto

Member kingsanto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've noticed delay between my 4GB PNY and my 8GB Sandisk. I didn't pay attention to the class of the 8GB when I bought it because hey, it's a Sandisk. It's a class 2. My original plan was to go from 2GB to 4GB in a phone, but it looks like I'll be sticking with the 4GB in my Acekard and putting the 8GB in a phone.

11. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    I've played on both an official card, and a flashcard, and honestly, I've gotten the feeling that the flashcard is faster then the official one. Even on wifi multiplayer, and wireless multiplayer.