Hacking Flash Cart to get (US) (2015)

Tanro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking to get a flash cart. Leaning towards DSTwo+ I currently have the following hardware :

DS Lite
DSi Unsure of firmware

I am looking to get a cart that will work with a New 3DS XL as I believe my wife is getting me one for X-Mas.

I would like a card that can run DS Games, it would great if it runs 3DS games as well. I would prefer that it works with DS Lite or a DSi and a 3DS. GBA is not needed, I don't really play any GBA games any longer.

I don't have any budget constraints. I just don't wanna rebuy DS games I lost moving etc.

Dotmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gateway is 3DS flash card, that comes with an DS flashcard. (So you can play DS games on your 3DS) Other than that, pretty much all DS flashcards work on the 3DS if you install a certain CIA. Then again, If its a new N3DSXL the firmware will probably be too high for you to use Gateway. In that case your only option is Sky3DS

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
BE CAREFULL ABOUT WHAT FIRMWARE YOU GET! there is only a limited ammount of n3dsxl versions with 9.2 or lower. anything above will not work with dstwo+/gateway. if the firmware version is above 9.2 your only chance is to get a sky3ds card. you can not use any sort of modifications on sky3ds, so it wil function as a normal game cartridge. i would reccomend researching and readingabout the firmware numbers of the n3dsxl. the regular size is IMPOSSIBLE! to get on 9.2, because this was released later than elsewhere in the us. if you need to play ds games, i would reccomend the r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn
this is a great card and i have it myself

EDIT: gateway is only for 3ds games(also comes with a ds card)
buy the dstwo+! it has awesome GBA and SNES emulation! also the dstwo+ works on any firmware version with any game!

Last edited by mgrev,
D

Deleted User

Looking to get a flash cart. Leaning towards DSTwo+ I currently have the following hardware :

DS Lite
DSi Unsure of firmware

I am looking to get a cart that will work with a New 3DS XL as I believe my wife is getting me one for X-Mas.

I would like a card that can run DS Games, it would great if it runs 3DS games as well. I would prefer that it works with DS Lite or a DSi and a 3DS. GBA is not needed, I don't really play any GBA games any longer.

I don't have any budget constraints. I just don't wanna rebuy DS games I lost moving etc.
I think Yr best choice is dstwo+ for ds games(works on all 3ds versions AFAIK) and I guess on all versions of dsi. also works on dslite.

for 3ds gaming you can use the dstwo+ with 3ds if your firmware version is 9.2 and below. because ya said you have the new 3ds, most probably your firmware isn't low enough for using 3ds games on dstwo+, but you can use the sky3ds which works on all firmwares w/o the need to update the cart.

you also can buy R4 which is cheaper, but not every R4 work on every dsi/3ds FW. so I think the best thing to do is to buy DSTWO+ and SKY3DS to play both 3ds and DS games.

Jawertae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 (its like an R4 quick save plus super duper blah blah blah and what not but it was cheap) and a sky3ds which I use on my n3ds. These two flash cards plus homebrew give me access to all ds titles, all gba, a lot of older emulators, and of course homebrew. Some gba doesn't emulate well but all ds games run great. Sky3ds also has the limitation of not being able to run a few newer games with the new antipiracy check. If you get a new 3ds with a newer firmware then this is your best bet until there is a new break in the scene (which may or may not happen anytime but these things take a while)... beat of luck!

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have an R4 (its like an R4 quick save plus super duper blah blah blah and what not but it was cheap) and a sky3ds which I use on my n3ds. These two flash cards plus homebrew give me access to all ds titles, all gba, a lot of older emulators, and of course homebrew. Some gba doesn't emulate well but all ds games run great. Sky3ds also has the limitation of not being able to run a few newer games with the new antipiracy check. If you get a new 3ds with a newer firmware then this is your best bet until there is a new break in the scene (which may or may not happen anytime but these things take a while)... beat of luck!
you should check @JustPingo on twitter, he "might" have found something

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France

DS Lite
DSi Unsure of firmware

I think you should get a DSTwo+. It is possible that you won't be able to run 3DS games as Gateway mode with newer versions, but at least you have a good NDS linker, and maybe if a way to downgrade is found, you could setup MSET hax with that linker, to use older versions of the Gateway Launcher.dat.

D

Deleted User

Gateway is 3DS flash card, that comes with an DS flashcard. (So you can play DS games on your 3DS) Other than that, pretty much all DS flashcards work on the 3DS if you install a certain CIA. Then again, If its a new N3DSXL the firmware will probably be too high for you to use Gateway. In that case your only option is Sky3DS
If he's on a DS, why would he want to buy a 3DS flashcard for a lot of money that comes with an cheap old outdated DS flashcard?

To answer OP's question, you should but the SuperCard DSTwo+ because it has better CPU and RAM and stuff. It also work with Gateway 3.4.1 and below (don't try 3.5 since it may have brick code).

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...