Hacking Flash Card for my 3ds?

JoeDesantis

OP
Trophies
XP
Hey guys, I'm more of an xbox scene kind of guy, and we fortunately don't need to deal with thousands of different hacks, as we usually just deal with ixtreme and extreme releases.
Anyway I just received a 3ds, and I want to play some "backups".
In its current state, there is no feasible card to support 3ds roms, as i understand?
Although I see there is a card to support ds games on the 3ds?
So basically which card will survive the longest/ is the most reliable.Or should i hold off till a 3ds rom compatible flash card is released?
*note* I did not update my system (its still on version 1.01)

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The SuperCard DSTwo (or SCDS2) will most likely hold up the best, and can be updated even if you accidentally update your 3DS to a brand-new firmware.

The Acekard 2i (AK2i) is the budget option; however, many consider it second only to the SCDS2, and it's half the price, PLUS it doesn't drain the battery as fast. But in doing so, you give up GBA emulation, worthwhile SNES emulation, real-time saves, real-time cheats, and in-game guides. Oh, and the AK2i might need firmware updates every once in a while to support the newest games; the SCDS2 has only needed 1 or 2 updates in its lifetime to fix new games.

Overall, the AK2i is the simple, cheap option; the SCDS2 is more on the premium side.

On the 3DS side of things, the Crown3DS was shown off months ago, and we recently got news that it would be available by the end of December. However, we do not yet know what the capabilities are or even if it is real.

BigBootyWomen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so if your budget is low, go for an R4 clone. I bought an R4iSdhc (HK) for only $3.50 and it works fine.

If you have a high budget, get a supercarddstwo for $30.

JoeDesantis

OP
Trophies
XP
Thanks guys, sounds like its worth it just to throw a extra 10 bucks into a better card with less hassle.

Doubt, I'll use the extra features. But i let you know how it works (super cad two btw)

Thanks

cup9192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the acekatd 2i that I bought for my son over a year ago on his 3ds now. Using akaio with the recent loader update, he is still playing all his nds roms as well as NES and SNES roms, so I'm not sure what "giving up SNES emulation" is all about. He will be getting the new SMB and Mario Kart for Christmas, and both contain sys updates, so we'll see what happens then.

JoeDesantis

OP
Trophies
XP
Ok, I just went to buy a micro sd card, but I realized it is not at all well documented what cards the supercardtwo accepts...

I see most sites sell it up to 8gb, but does it accept higher capacity cards such as 32gb?

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just went to buy a micro sd card, but I realized it is not at all well documented what cards the supercardtwo accepts...

I see most sites sell it up to 8gb, but does it accept higher capacity cards such as 32gb?
Yes, 32gb is the maximum it accepts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended