Flash card. 3ds in the near future

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ndsixlforever, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Ndsixlforever
    OP

Ndsixlforever Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2013
    Italy
    I want to ask to this idea after 1-2 years you could make a r4 with a 1GHz cpu's so much more evolved the howebrew would especially emulators .. I mean r4 3ds sorry my bad english

2. Niksy

Niksy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2010
    Put 1GHZ processor flashcart? In 1-2 year probably you could put 4-core 2GHZ processor in flashcart and 3DS will make PSVita look shit.

3. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    The 400mHz DStwo is known to be somewhat hamstrung by the speed of data going from a cartridge to the DS system.

Now, I could be wrong on this, but word is the 3DS has an even slower data transmission speed and would thus greatly limit the kind of graphics/data that can be pushed to the 3ds screen. Probably not worth it for the kind of things a 1Ghz chip would be expected to do by homebrew enthusiasts.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Just like people initially said that the 3DS uses the same communication protocol as the DS because the pins are in the same place... that's something I wouldn't trust without any science behind it (3dbrew, etc.).

5. Ndsixlforever
    OP

Ndsixlforever Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2013
    Italy
    Thanks for the all answers