Fixing DS Touchscreen's Accuracy?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Exbaddude, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Exbaddude
    OP

Exbaddude The Prince.

Jul 3, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    I've been noticing for awhile that wherever I touch my DS on the touchscreen, it always detects it like ... 1mm lower than I touched it.
    I've tried calibrating but it still has this problem.

Is there anyway to fix this WITHOUT replacing my touchscreen? Thanks! C:

2. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    My only suggestion is calibrating 1mm above where you're supposed to touch.

3. Exbaddude
    OP

Exbaddude The Prince.

Jul 3, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Thanks for the suggestion! C:

4. Uncout

Uncout Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2007
    Towcester
    The only real way to fix this is to replace the touch screen. I had it happen to my old dsl, if it's still under warranty, send it to ninty to get it fixed.

5. tigris

tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

Jun 19, 2010
    The Tibetan Himalayas
    I think there are a few DS troubleshooting files out there-go fish! Spinal Code has something. I think it's DS diagnose or something.

6. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Sometimes, pulling the battery can help as it will reset the system to its defaults, but you'll lose all your settings and WiFi data and it could still not work.

If you have a screen protector, try removing or replacing it and see if that helps. You'd be surprised how screen protectors can cause weird issues that you don't even realize exist. (someone at Pocket Heaven clued me in to that when I was having rapid pause/unpause issues with the Genesis emulator, even though regular touchscreen)

Take a toothbrush and lightly scrub around the edges of the touchscreen where it meets the casing. Sometimes debris between the touchscreen and the casing can cause issues with calibration.

YayMii's idea is pretty good too.

If none of that works, THEN think about replacing the touchscreen or the DS itself.

7. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    the only way i really solved my issue is replacing the screen, but try cleaning the sides as Rayder suggested as well.

8. Exbaddude
    OP

Exbaddude The Prince.

Jul 3, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Thanks for the reply! C: