Hacking Fixing bricked 3ds

mzkoops24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... I was trying to update CTRNAND Luma boot but I forgot to update b9s before hand and now my 3DS isn't turning on. Is there a way to fix this or? I can't open recovery mode or any payloads.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

mzkoops24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why two threads? https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-booting-without-boot-firm.594085/

Try updating B9S now. https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s

If this doesn't work:
  • Backup your SD and try Quadruple Reformat (run h2testw on the empty SD!)
  • Try another FAT32 formatted SD containing boot.firm (SafeB9SInstaller) and the B9S files according to The Guide

Good luck!
I can't seem to access any payload due to Luma being on CTRNAND and the only payload I have on there is godmode which doesnt load either. Nothing will load off of the sd card because luma is on ctrnand.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't seem to access any payload due to Luma being on CTRNAND and the only payload I have on there is godmode which doesnt load either. Nothing will load off of the sd card because luma is on ctrnand.
B9S tries starting boot.firm from SD first and only falls back to CTRNAND when failing to load a valid firm from SD (unless you compiled your own B9S version switching the order)

Please refer to the above links and try more than one FAT32 formatted SD.

Possible reasons for failing:
  • boot.firm missing
  • bad/fake/defective SD
  • SD not FAT32 formatted or file system corrupted
  • older B9S will only start Luma3DS 7.1 (or SafeB9SInstaller), not recent Luma3DS (didn't test GodMode9 as boot file)
  • bad SD reader in the console
Due to personal reasons I cannot be of further assistance right now. If anybody would be willing to take over from here: Please do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up