Hacking -FIX-System Transfer: 028-3220 An Error Has Occurred

BanditBat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBATemp! I recently got a New 3DS XL for my gf, and had lots of fun (not really) doing a system transfer from the sysNAND of her O3DS to the emuNAND that I set up on her N3DS. Everything went fine and well until it completed and the N3DS restarted to complete the process. I was met with "028-3220 An Error Has Occurred". 10 restarts later I knew this wasn't going away, and she'd be pretty pissed if I lost all her save and profile data, so I went and hunted down a solution!

I noticed there is a stickied guide relating to this type of system transfer, but for those who did not see it before they got to this error code, I have a solution!

I don't take full credit for this, as I read it here and there on other boards. Before you begin, make sure your NAND's are NOT linked!:

1. On the error code, press the power button and return to the (sysNAND) home menu.

2. Turn off WiFi from the home menu options.

- (Possibly optional step? This is just what I did) Transfer all content from the old SD (given you did not format it!) to the new SD

3. Power off the 3DS, boot into emuNAND.

4. It will prompt you that you are unable to connect to complete the transfer. Continue, click no for setting up a connection, and STOP the system transfer. Don't worry - you won't lose anything!​

Once you are on the home menu, simply log into the eshop with your Nintendo ID, and the system transfer will be complete!

I really hope this helps some others with this issue! :yay3ds:

Reactions: koffieleut

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
This has been known for a long time, since before 9.5 at least, I advised dozens of people to do this when transferring to an emuNAND on N3DS (switch off wifi before booting into emuNAND after the transfer) but good I guess for it to be documented even more :-p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft