Gaming fix for games that switch system off

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
While cruising my download site of choice I found this. I don't know whether it's of any use to you, but I figured I'd post it anyway as I have had this problem. It claims to fix games that do nothing then switch your PSP off. Hope it's of some use to someone. Probably old news, but it's new to me so maybe it's new to others?

'Fix for games that start then switch off PSP
Hey all! A number of people have been reporting that thier games start then switch off psp, so here is a fix for you...

1. Go to recovery menu (switch on psp while holding r trigger)then go to configuration.

2. Change 'game folder homebrew' settings to: 1.50 kernel.

3. Change 'umd mode' to: sony np9660 -no umd-

4. Change 'fake region' to: america

then go back and go to CPU speed. change the 'umd/iso ' speed to default.

I just tested this method on 5.50gen-b full and smackdown vs raw 2010 and it works perfectly.

Use this on other games that dont start. hope this helps. '

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The folder homebrew thing, I couldn't see making a difference, and I suspect it'd work without that, but the rest I believe is quite straight forward.
By using Sony NP9660 No UMD, you're using Sony software to get the game going - something they can't really stop without breaking PSP Go support.
The region thing, I'm not so sure on, I think it'd just be games checking what region they're on in combination with other stuff.
The CPU speed would be the game running a check on the CPU clock BEFORE overclocking it - if the CPU is already running at 333MHz, the game knows something's up.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say, that fix is nothing more than....well, nothing.....the shutdowns are due to RAM overflow type events. Also the 1.50 homebrew folder is a legacy folder in every PSP but the PSP 1000 so that's doing nothing either.

Sounds like a bit of a random "source" forum....

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
xist said:
I have to say, that fix is nothing more than....well, nothing.....the shutdowns are due to RAM overflow type events. Also the 1.50 homebrew folder is a legacy folder in every PSP but the PSP 1000 so that's doing nothing either.

Sounds like a bit of a random "source" forum....
The member of the forum he got this from just probably wanted more rep points ?('?`?)?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand the technical side of it, I just saw it on my download site and figured maybe it would help someone. I've had a few games that locked up like that. Although to be fair I'm starting to think they were just bad dumps as the replacements I found elsewhere seem to work fine.

Quick question. With Bomberman for PSP, can I still use the multiplayer feature to play with other people who are on official firmware? It works for the DS version, is it the same for PSP?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Blaze163 said:
Quick question. With Bomberman for PSP, can I still use the multiplayer feature to play with other people who are on official firmware? It works for the DS version, is it the same for PSP?
Yes.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
toejam316 said:
The CPU speed would be the game running a check on the CPU clock BEFORE overclocking it - if the CPU is already running at 333MHz, the game knows something's up.
To get technical 333mhz isn't overclocking (it's the stock clock rate of the processor), some PSP games run it at that speed (IIRC the god of war game does it, you can check by pulling up CMFusion and it'll list the current clock rate on the main screen at the bottom), rather most games underclock the process to 222 in order to save on battery life (seeing as official games also tend to run off a UMD, which sucks battery).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...