Hacking Fix Bricked SoftModded Wii with Modchip - Possible?

WiiStrudle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all, I had my system Running on 3.2U with all softmods (Homebrew channel, Backup loader gamma etc and all CIOS updates) I then followed the 4.0 update guide, this worked well too, but I wanted Disk Channel loading from the main screen..In my mind I just had to have it..I could load disks from the gamma 0.3 loader channel, but not from the main disk loader menu..so I proceeded to follow some instructions for installing CIOS60BF and then Preloader 0.29..well, to a make a long story short, and this is ALL MY FAULT, it really is, I even knew better...without thinking it thourgh, I uninstalled CIOS60BF, and that is when I panicked...I realized I should have just downgraded..I was tired..what can I say...anyways, I have the black screen of death. Here the good news...I think anyways:

- The system still turns on
- I get a green light
- I can turn it on with the wiiremote
- The drive seems to be spinning

So here is my question, Can I buy a mod chip like lets say, Drivekey, install it, hopefully boot to its confiuration screen, since this is the firmware on the chip, set it to autoboot disks, and use one of the rescue disks I have heard mentioned. Has anyone had experiance with this? Is it possible? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated. If it is possible, can someone suggest a good rescue disk I could:

- Load Wad manager from

Do you think I would be able to boot to WAD manager, and just reintall CIOS60BF, then reinstall preloader, and then CIOS60BF again? That would be great if I could. If I could get to the system menu by then, then I could decide my course of action, or if preloader would boot the homebrew channel at this point I could probably downgrade. The good thing is the patched CIOS60 is on there, and trucha signed code was working fully with System Menu 4.0 before I made my tired mistake.

Okay, looking forward to all your input, thanks in advance. If I can aviod sending my system to Ninty, and just fix it myself this way, I am going to be overjoyed!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you get into preloader with holding the reset button? If not, i doubt you get anything to work with or without modchip. As far as i know if preloader doesn't work, your Wii is a full brick if the IOS used by the system menu is missing.

WiiStrudle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no preloader when I hold reset, I was hopeing too. Ack..maybe there is no hope then...WiiPower, do you think I am sunk for sure? Can anyone confirm? (I have faith in what WiiPower says, I'm just grasping at threads of hope now)

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought modchips could autoboot a disc.

So you could find a disc that has an update(4.0) on it and make it autoboot and that would reinstall system menu 4.0 which would reinstall the ios60 correct?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The problem with autoboot discs is that everytime some code runs on the Wii, an IOS has to be running. To determine which IOS to load for the autoboot disc, the Wii starts the IOS from the system menu. Correct me if i'm wrong.

WiiStrudle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh [Insert Higher being reference here]! Someone please comfirm that its possible still. Can anyone confirm who is right...I almost feeling hope again!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well if you had cioscorp installed an autoboot disc that requests(in the tmd) one of your cioscorp IOS should have the same chance to autoboot as any disc if you install a modchip.

WiiStrudle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower and icpmatt as well as other, I appreciate all of your input, and theoretical works for me, I'm willing to try anything. I will try savemiifree and the modchip. Wew'll see what happens. I have some other ideas too...I will try the ideas suggested, as well as the modchip...I've read up on SavMiiFree, it would be great of this worked...I will also take any other ideas or suggestions, I'm an open book.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its good that people are trying to help you, But you uninstalled the system menu IOS, has far as i know, there no way to recovery from a brick of this kind, best bet is to sent it to nintendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1