Fix bricked emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aliak11, Apr 8, 2016.

1. aliak11
    OP

aliak11 Pokemon Master

Dec 5, 2010
    United States
    Florida
    I was trying to get rid of the black boxes caused by RF in AuReiNand, and I deleted these titles 000400000ff40102, 000400000f800100, and now emunand just boots to a black screen. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

2. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Sure, you restore the backup you made before you actually started deleting things from your NAND.

You... did make a backup, didn't you?

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Do you have a back up of it? If not, GG, make another NAND.

4. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    And this is why I will always advocate the use of emunand even with A9LH.
    Had this been on sysnand, and without a backup, it would have been it. But hopefully they do keep backups.

stl25 likes this.
  5. stl25

stl25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    Here, there and everywhere
    emuNAND til the wheels fall off.

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    And this is why I recommend regular back ups.
    I back up my sysNAND every single weekend, then upload it to 3 different sites and store on an flash drive. With A9LH, if anything happens, I can still recover the same way as I could with an emuNAND.

7. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Yeah, but you know that even if we recommend users make regular backups, a lot of them won't. This is where the emunand safety net comes into play, and why it bothers me so much that everyone is telling everyone to ditch emunand and just go sysnand.

stl25 and Lilith Valentine like this.
  8. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    If you have a hackable 3DS and don't have a valid sysNAND backup, you have bigger issues.

9. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    You can say that if you want, but it doesn't change the fact that we have had a fair few people over time showing up looking for help with their bricked 3DS, who didn't have any backups.

Don't get me wrong, experienced user? Sure, go all out, go all sysnand if you want, if you are experienced and know to take extreme precaution. The thing is, too many people aren't that experienced, and it would be unwise to tell them to do everything on sysnand in that case.

Here, we don't get know if aliak had an emunand backup, but if they didn't? All they have to do is create a new emunand in Emunand9 and they're done. Sysnand? You can't just create a new sysnand from scratch.

Last edited by Ammako, Apr 8, 2016
    stl25 likes this.
  10. stl25

stl25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    Here, there and everywhere
    Make like 1 good backup of emuNAND and sysNAND (for the updated sysNAND gang) with most of your cias and stuff installed. But the emuNAND backup is only part of it. Backup the SD contents as well. After doing that I would only make backups of saves with JK savemanager regularly as the saves are really what most end users are trying to preserve (especially games that take eons to complete).