Hacking Fix a bannerbrick without Priiloader

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, since I picked up a handful of junk Wiis, I've had a few oddballs out of the batch. I found some Wiis with your good 'ol fashioned bannerbrick, loads to the Health and Safety screen, then hangs on a black screen eternally. Since it syncs a Wiimote, I figured I'd try using Bluebomb, and sure as shit, I was able to get into Hackmii installer, install HBC, then install Priiloader.

Here's where things get kinda funky though. Some Wiis hang on a "Savezelda" loader after the Bluebomb exploit goes through, which I think is some remnant of the old Twilight Princess hack. So I tried experimenting and using some older versions of the Hackmii installer, and I got into one by using version 0.7, and another using version 0.5, it's just up to experimentation which one will work for you, depending on how you got your bannerbrick, but.. Yeah! I don't know if someone's done this before, but I thought it was worth sharing.

For those who wanna try it, I'll do a step-by-step..
Okay, so, I'm going into this assuming you already know how to use the Bluebomb exploit. If not, check out this guide.

Okay, you'll want the Hackmii installer on a USB drive, plugged into the left-most USB port (or bottom-most if your Wii is horizontal), and an SD card with the Priiloader installer on it. Don't plug the SD card in yet. Run the Bluebomb exploit as normal, until you have the Homebrew Channel open. After that, put in your SD card and unplug your USB drive. Then, install Priiloader, and work from there to restore your bricked Wii.

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am not an expert, but are you able to load into AnyTitleDeleter from Bluebomb? If yes, you could delete all titles that aren't pre-installed. That would resolve the brick.

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not an expert, but are you able to load into AnyTitleDeleter from Bluebomb? If yes, you could delete all titles that aren't pre-installed. That would resolve the brick.

I'm not sure if you can directly from Bluebomb, but I know you can after you install HBC from Bluebomb. So, indeed you can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off