First time modding a slim 360..

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by patey, Oct 28, 2014.

1. patey
    OP

patey Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2011
    Canada
    I've modded a lot of phat 360s with a tool I bought a while back to flash the dvd drive but my last one died recently and I'd rather mod a slim this time. the manufacture date on the one I plan to mod is august 2010, I've had it apart before to fix the sync button but haven't looked at the dvd drive yet, but it was used online a couple times back in june or july so I think it's a more recent dashboard.

Mostly though I'm wondering, can I do this the same way I did with the phat 360? is there a better method that doesn't involve soldering? for that matter, is it easy to mess up soldering the board? I have some minor experience with soldering and I think I still have everything I'd need (although I might need some practice, anyone know a good way to practice?(I have a lot of older electronics that no longer work/are of any use))

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Depends on your chipset in the DVD drive.
    It might need soldering or a Kamikaze hack.

If you want to practice on soldering, take apart an old radio and resolder some connectors.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice