Gaming First thoughts Pokemon Sword?

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi I like many of you have the leaked version of the game.
What are you first impressions?

I think that its too easy to be honest (not that pokemon games are very difficult). But I managed to catch 3 dynamax pokemon in the wild area they are level 17 everything else I vs is low like 10 or so. I feel like i maybe wasnt meant to be able to catch them...
I find the incessant annoyance of the rival 'hop' unbearable. i really hope he fucks off soon.... I don't need a guide.

What happened to the finding out what to do next on your own? talking to people etc. Now its all spoon fed.

What do ya'll think??

momocop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play Lets Go Eevee last year. I thought that was solid and fun. I'm only 2 hours into this game and so far I really like it. Graphics are good. Pokemon looks good. World looks big. I will update as I finish more of the game if I feel the same.

Reactions: andyhappypants

JazzCat.CL

Trophies
Website
chevaduchat.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Chile
So far comfy, great music and nice art style, but on the other hand... the animations, difficulty( too easy), bugs, graphics, content and other stuff is killing the game. Honestly this is a really lazy game in technical aspects, Game Freak being incompetent again...

Ecner19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Loving it rn. My only problem is I can't seem to find an Eevee at route 4. Already 2 hrs in that area. I'm already doubting there's an Eevee there eventhough the dex says so.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Loving it rn. My only problem is I can't seem to find an Eevee at route 4. Already 2 hrs in that area. I'm already doubting there's an Eevee there eventhough the dex says so.
Eum normally somewhere at the starting city there's a place with a poster on the left side and a guy in the corner who gives you an eevee if you played lets go eevee. Maybe route 4 is somewhere at the beginning and you can't get one in the wild but only through that guy. Not a 100 percent sure but that's how i got mine atleast. Another guy at that building will also give you a pickachu if you played lets go pikachu

Last edited by kumikochan,

Beerus

Gbatemp's God Of Destruction
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
when u go to the first station there should be two couples in the top right corner talking about a go experience if u have a lets go save file they will give you eevee/pikachu

Also game is looking good but the frame rate is ass it lagged like hell on the first cut scene

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I like it so far, about 4.5 hours in and just beat the first gym. The gigantamax battles are actually fun, kinda like boss battles, which is something Pokemon was severely lacking considering gym leaders are easy peasy. But I'm sure they will get easier once my team is leveled up a bit more.
Shield should have leaked first.

Don’t @ me.
Agreed, just because I have Sword on preorder and plan to start over on that once I get it anyway.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: KiiWii

Ecner19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Eum normally somewhere at the starting city there's a place with a poster on the left side and a guy in the corner who gives you an eevee if you played lets go eevee. Maybe route 4 is somewhere at the beginning and you can't get one in the wild but only through that guy. Not a 100 percent sure but that's how i got mine atleast. Another guy at that building will also give you a pickachu if you played lets go pikachu

when u go to the first station there should be two couples in the top right corner talking about a go experience if u have a lets go save file they will give you eevee/pikachu

Also game is looking good but the frame rate is ass it lagged like hell on the first cut scene

I've got both Pikachu and Eevee from Let's Go Experience. But the Eevee there can't evolve. I need the wild ones from the route 4. Pikachu can be seen a lot there but I can't even see an Eevee even though Eevee's habitat clearly marked in the dex. Maybe I'm just really unlucky.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've got both Pikachu and Eevee from Let's Go Experience. But the Eevee there can't evolve. I need the wild ones from the route 4. Pikachu can be seen a lot there but I can't even see an Eevee even though Eevee's habitat clearly marked in the dex. Maybe I'm just really unlucky.
oh i didn't know that, that kinda sucks tho that the one you get from the guy can't evolve. Thanks for letting me know, now i can put the eevee in a box instead of leveling it because what a waste if it can't even evolve

Reactions: IncredulousP

CrAzYLiFe

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well i got alot of negative.

My first pokemon game was pokemon red and loved the series from there, but the last few gen games make me miss the orig's feel.

I hate the camera angles, very awkward, i hate how easy and hand holdy the game is, perma exp share? Escape rope key item? No more hm's? Tm can be used forever? Your rival chooses a pokemon weak to your starter, and his irritating.

I just got third badge and for me its been disappointing :( maybe i just got to old

Ecner19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
oh i didn't know that, that kinda sucks tho that the one you get from the guy can't evolve. Thanks for letting me know, now i can put the eevee in a box instead of leveling it because what a waste if it can't even evolve

Yeah they have a unique gigantamax and a perfect 6 IVs but can't evolve.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well i got alot of negative.

My first pokemon game was pokemon red and loved the series from there, but the last few gen games make me miss the orig's feel.

I hate the camera angles, very awkward, i hate how easy and hand holdy the game is, perma exp share? Escape rope key item? No more hm's? Tm can be used forever? Your rival chooses a pokemon weak to your starter, and his irritating.

I just got third badge and for me its been disappointing :( maybe i just got to old

Yeah agreed, super disappointing.
The game is just way too easy. Permanent exp.share??? Are you kidding the whole point was needing to rotate pokemon to train them. Their main demographic must be the age when I played my first pokemon game, pokemon gold at age 6.
I didn't realise theres no more HM's....
Had so much excitement for it but its a big let down.
Tell me does this stupid piss weak 'rival' fuck off for more than 5 minutes???

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure. My copy arrives tomorrow from Best Buy.

I do know data miners have confirmed nearly all the cut Pokémon’s data is in both versions of the game. They only lack their textures/sprites. Gamefreak could easily patch them in with an update but they won’t.

I am actually wondering if the real reason for the cuts is because of the game(s) lack difficulty. And going forward the franchise is now being treated like a very casual game.

There is an YouTube video with an interview being done with gamefreak. In the video, the Pokémon company is standing behind the cameras off screen supervisor the interview. You can tell GF wanted to give us proper answers but the Pokémon company wouldn’t let them. As of that video, the blame for gen 8’s problems falls on the Pokémon company not gamefreak. And I apologize to gf for my heavy criticizing of their company. Clearly decisions were out of their hands.

Last edited by chartube12,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah agreed, super disappointing.
The game is just way too easy. Permanent exp.share??? Are you kidding the whole point was needing to rotate pokemon to train them. Their main demographic must be the age when I played my first pokemon game, pokemon gold at age 6.
I didn't realise theres no more HM's....
Had so much excitement for it but its a big let down.
Tell me does this stupid piss weak 'rival' fuck off for more than 5 minutes???
Nintendo exclusives have been lowered in difficulty for quite some time now. I know gamefreak games aren't developed by Nintendo but what Nintendo says has to be happens and that's just that. We've seen the massive lowered difficulty already with Botw and other Nintendo exclusives hence why i am not as exited anymore as most are here when Nintendo launches an exclusive game for their platform. Most have been mediocre these last few years

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think Pokémon isnt targeting kids anymore but (no offense) mentally challanged kids. The Rival is worse than that Alola boy which was so insignificant that I dont remeber his name, he talks way to much -which you cant skip- and heals your Pokemon every 5min. The World which I have seen up to now (4th badge) may look appealing, but when you play it is only an empty world with nothing to explore.
I miss times where I went on an adventure and explored everything myself and found secrets, now I think I am on an automatic rail and only beat those gym leaders.
The gyms with there leaders and new mechanics are nice though.

Reactions: milotic

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Pokémon isnt targeting kids anymore but (no offense) mentally challanged kids. The Rival is worse than that Alola boy which was so insignificant that I dont remeber his name, he talks way to much -which you cant skip- and heals your Pokemon every 5min. The World which I have seen up to now (4th badge) may look appealing, but when you play it is only an empty world with nothing to explore.
I miss times where I went on an adventure and explored everything myself and found secrets, now I think I am on an automatic rail and only beat those gym leaders.
The gyms with there leaders and new mechanics are nice though.

ouch! So let’s go is the better switch Pokémon game!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?