1. wolverine92

OP wolverine92 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hi all,

My hard drive failed in my Xbox one S and i am replacing it with a 1TB hard drive. Following Tai1976's extremely helpful guide and using his script i was able to format and configure the 1TB drive. Doing a OSU1 offline update after installing the hard drive gets me to 58% then after the console reboots it starts loading to 60% then errors with the dreaded E100 error (E100 0000070d 80070002).

Now this is the original disk drive and daughterboard, everything worked before the hard drive failure. I have followed many tutorials online on how to fix this, ie rebooting, multiple installs of OSU1, deleting the files on System Update partition and reinstalling the OSU1 update. None have worked. I have also swapped the drive with a known good drive (using the correct daughter board) and used known good SATA and power cables, but no success.

Looking at the System Support partition and the 0.Log file this is what i have:

ODDFW update sequence: 0.
    FOUND DeviceInstance AHCI\Port\0
    Got PDO: \Device\00000017
    Drive type detected: Monterey.
    Drive is Locked!
    Nvkey is Programmed!
    Expected firmare version:014R
    Running firmware version:014R
    Already running expected firmware, skipping ODD update
    Update is not neccessary.
    Not Elk drive, no lock down is needed.
    Got drive auth status : 2
    ODDFW update finished, hr = 00000000

From my limited knowledge of this and the research I've done, this looks like the drive is working normally and the Xbox isn't complaining that it does not match the console. I'm not convinced the xbox drive is the culprit here. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MrCokeacola likes this.
  2. wolverine92

Canada

UPDATE:

I have tried this hard drive in a XBONE S that is working completely fine. Followed the same procedure but once the offline update completes verification it restarts and gives the same E100 error at 60%.... Im leaning towards this hard drive now but it is brand new. Anyone out there with some advice?

3. wolverine92

Canada
    For anyone that may stumble across this in the future. I fixed the problem, apparently E100 is NOT just for Blu-ray errors. I changed the hard drive i was using to another i had lying around and it took the update first try. The drive that was not working with the XBONE was a toshiba 1TB, which works completely fine in windows and as a PS4 hard drive but for some reason in an XBONE it will not work.

MrCokeacola likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - replacement, problem, drive