Hardware Xbox one S hard drive replacement problem

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

My hard drive failed in my Xbox one S and i am replacing it with a 1TB hard drive. Following Tai1976's extremely helpful guide and using his script i was able to format and configure the 1TB drive. Doing a OSU1 offline update after installing the hard drive gets me to 58% then after the console reboots it starts loading to 60% then errors with the dreaded E100 error (E100 0000070d 80070002).

Now this is the original disk drive and daughterboard, everything worked before the hard drive failure. I have followed many tutorials online on how to fix this, ie rebooting, multiple installs of OSU1, deleting the files on System Update partition and reinstalling the OSU1 update. None have worked. I have also swapped the drive with a known good drive (using the correct daughter board) and used known good SATA and power cables, but no success.

Looking at the System Support partition and the 0.Log file this is what i have:

ODDFW update sequence: 0.
FOUND DeviceInstance AHCI\Port\0
Got PDO: \Device\00000017
Drive type detected: Monterey.
Drive is Locked!
Nvkey is Programmed!
Expected firmare version:014R
Running firmware version:014R
Already running expected firmware, skipping ODD update
Update is not neccessary.
Not Elk drive, no lock down is needed.
Got drive auth status : 2
ODDFW update finished, hr = 00000000

From my limited knowledge of this and the research I've done, this looks like the drive is working normally and the Xbox isn't complaining that it does not match the console. I'm not convinced the xbox drive is the culprit here. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: MrCokeacola

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

My hard drive failed in my Xbox one S and i am replacing it with a 1TB hard drive. Following Tai1976's extremely helpful guide and using his script i was able to format and configure the 1TB drive. Doing a OSU1 offline update after installing the hard drive gets me to 58% then after the console reboots it starts loading to 60% then errors with the dreaded E100 error (E100 0000070d 80070002).

Now this is the original disk drive and daughterboard, everything worked before the hard drive failure. I have followed many tutorials online on how to fix this, ie rebooting, multiple installs of OSU1, deleting the files on System Update partition and reinstalling the OSU1 update. None have worked. I have also swapped the drive with a known good drive (using the correct daughter board) and used known good SATA and power cables, but no success.

Looking at the System Support partition and the 0.Log file this is what i have:

ODDFW update sequence: 0.
FOUND DeviceInstance AHCI\Port\0
Got PDO: \Device\00000017
Drive type detected: Monterey.
Drive is Locked!
Nvkey is Programmed!
Expected firmare version:014R
Running firmware version:014R
Already running expected firmware, skipping ODD update
Update is not neccessary.
Not Elk drive, no lock down is needed.
Got drive auth status : 2
ODDFW update finished, hr = 00000000

From my limited knowledge of this and the research I've done, this looks like the drive is working normally and the Xbox isn't complaining that it does not match the console. I'm not convinced the xbox drive is the culprit here. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

UPDATE:

I have tried this hard drive in a XBONE S that is working completely fine. Followed the same procedure but once the offline update completes verification it restarts and gives the same E100 error at 60%.... Im leaning towards this hard drive now but it is brand new. Anyone out there with some advice?

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
UPDATE:

I have tried this hard drive in a XBONE S that is working completely fine. Followed the same procedure but once the offline update completes verification it restarts and gives the same E100 error at 60%.... Im leaning towards this hard drive now but it is brand new. Anyone out there with some advice?

For anyone that may stumble across this in the future. I fixed the problem, apparently E100 is NOT just for Blu-ray errors. I changed the hard drive i was using to another i had lying around and it took the update first try. The drive that was not working with the XBONE was a toshiba 1TB, which works completely fine in windows and as a PS4 hard drive but for some reason in an XBONE it will not work.

Lolocuas64

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For anyone that may stumble across this in the future. I fixed the problem, apparently E100 is NOT just for Blu-ray errors. I changed the hard drive i was using to another i had lying around and it took the update first try. The drive that was not working with the XBONE was a toshiba 1TB, which works completely fine in windows and as a PS4 hard drive but for some reason in an XBONE it will not work.
Did u solve it?

MrSmith940

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey guys,

I've had my run in with the dreaded E100 code. I have replaced the disc drive with a factory replacement. And replaced the 500gb toshiba ssd with a Seagate 1tb SSD. Ran thru the tutorial and still E100. I tried an attempt to disconnect the disc drive completely and nothing. I like to fix my own stuff alot but i'm at my wits end with this console. And i'm a solid Xbox player. Help if anyone has any advice.

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I've had my run in with the dreaded E100 code. I have replaced the disc drive with a factory replacement. And replaced the 500gb toshiba ssd with a Seagate 1tb SSD. Ran thru the tutorial and still E100. I tried an attempt to disconnect the disc drive completely and nothing. I like to fix my own stuff alot but i'm at my wits end with this console. And i'm a solid Xbox player. Help if anyone has any advice.

You can’t just swap the disc drive you have to move the daughter board from your original drive to your new drive. It is married to the console and the console will not work without the original daughterboard. If you have done this already, try another usb stick then another hard drive. Xbox’s are very picky.

Reactions: Kopimist

Pro3641

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if the XBox One S has the same problem but I had similar E101 and E102 errors while trying to put a new Seagate 1TB hard drive in the original Xbox One. The problem was the partition size of the System Update. It was too small for the OSU1 from Sept 2022. OSU1 needs to go into folder A and folder B of the System Update on the Xbox One. The original partition size is 12GB. That size won't allow you to put the full OSU1 into both A and B folders. I increased the partition size to 13GB and everything worked fine.
You may be getting the E101 or E102 errors because it's trying to copy the new files to the partition and running out of room.
This is just a guess based on my problems with my Xbox One original.

Andy188

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if the XBox One S has the same problem but I had similar E101 and E102 errors while trying to put a new Seagate 1TB hard drive in the original Xbox One. The problem was the partition size of the System Update. It was too small for the OSU1 from Sept 2022. OSU1 needs to go into folder A and folder B of the System Update on the Xbox One. The original partition size is 12GB. That size won't allow you to put the full OSU1 into both A and B folders. I increased the partition size to 13GB and everything worked fine.
You may be getting the E101 or E102 errors because it's trying to copy the new files to the partition and running out of room.
Hi how did you increase the size. Thanks
Post automatically merged:

Hi , how did you increase the size of the partition. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: C64 puts it to shame +1