First things worked... and then they stopped?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Clydefrosch, May 6, 2014.

1. Clydefrosch
    OP

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Good evening,
    two days ago, I finally switched from a psp 1000 to a used pspgo.

the thing came with 6.60 and a pro b-9 temp cfw, appart from a little gunk under the analog nub, it was in great shape. I deinstalled b9 that and installed pro c2 firmware, like i had on my other psp.

then i moved around a few thousand files and got most everything running. there were a few crashes here and there on some homebrews and emulators i just couldnt get to run (vicepsp and reddragon, gotube just to name a few) but thats beside the point

then i started putting isos of some of my games on it, among them naruto ultimate heroes 3.
    and things seemed to work for a while.
    and then they stopped working.

so i played a bunch of free battles and trainings and everything seemed normal. then i went into the story mode and ran into a wall. the loading screen right before the first battle just wouldnt load. it didnt freeze, but it remained at 0% forever, playing music and the subtile animations.
    i redid the whole thing several times until i finally tried to change the isoloader. it was set to inferno. trying m33 i got past the loading screen. i kept playing for a while, just to run into the same problem during another battle. initiating a team juitsu again caused the game to remain in an eternal loading limbus from which there was no escape. again, the game didnt freeze. it just didnt go on.
    so i began switching loaders again, only to find that the sony one runs into the same loading screen problem and inferno, for whatever reason, began to crash the whole psp when it tried to run this game.
    i searched online and appart from back in 2011 when cfw was still in development and games needed patching, noone seems to have a similar problem.

so when i decided to bother later and play kingdom hearts instead, it too didnt work.
    on sony, it again crashes the psp.
    on the other two, it starts but then crashes right after the first screen (big red information about the games autosaving)

i have the strongest suspicions that the sony loader will crash any other psp game iso too. breath of fire 3 and brave story also wont load and crash the psp upon trying to return to the home menu. at first glance, they work on m33 though.

appart from kula world, which gave me a weird error (FFFFFFFF) the other homebrews, emulators and psx games seem to work normally though.

the games (the same files, i just copied them from one psp to another) worked flawlessly on my old psp using the sony loader. of course i deleted and reloaded and reput back the files already, so the problem probably isnt there.

can anyone guess what is happening here? and how do i fix it? my biggest suspects would probably be either the loaders/cfw being buggy for some reason. which is probably fixable?

any help would be appreciated

2. spencer5976

spencer5976 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2013
    United States
    Are you using the PSP Gos Internal memory or a MS? If your using a ms try to re-format it.

3. Clydefrosch
    OP

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    no ms, only internal memory.

4. spencer5976

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2013
    United States
    Can you link the psp to a computer and re-format the internal memory and then re-install cfw? Hopefully you have all your psp games and emulators on your computer, some emulators you may want to update.

5. Clydefrosch
    OP

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i certainly could, but I'm not sure if I should.

can i just copy everything to my pc and reformat the psp without breaking anything? I mean, with a memory stick, no problem, but internal memory?

6. spencer5976

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2013
    United States