Hacking First thing to do with CFW?

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is more like a just for fun thing. What's the first thing you guys did once you installed your CFW? And what's the first thing I should do? And what are some fun, neat things that are possible and not really listed on the forums?

Reactions: _Emmo

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
What's the first thing you guys did once you installed your CFW?
Uh, I installed a bunch of CIA's and played a bunch of games.
And what's the first thing I should do?
Dependent on your personal preferences. You could play a bunch of CIA installed games, or begin making your 3DS aesthetically pleasing with Themes and Splash Screens alike. As well as badges. Or begin browsing the titledb within FBI, that way you can browse through different CIA applications users have made. There's a lot more to do with CFW.

Reactions: BetterDuck

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things like this are weird to me. Perhaps because I have a lot of common sense, but why the hell would you install CFW if you didn't already have a goal in mind for using it? I mean, you wouldn't go and buy an airplane if you don't plan on learning to fly right?

Anyway, I wanted a way to cheat in Pokemon in all honesty. That's it. That led me to HomeBrew, which showed me tons of other cool things I could do like ROM hacks, screenshots, FTP etc... Then I learned about CFW and researched what I could do with that, and it was a no brainer since I wanted free games (more for full trials than piracy), customization options, NTR cheats/plugins, language emulation, Region spoofing, redirection, boot animations etc etc.....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What about setting up an emunand on the SD? With newer versions of Luma is this still a good practice to follow?
If you have Luma, there is no reason to use an emuNAND unless you want to use GateWay or something. All it does is take up room on your SD card that could be used for something else.

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things like this are weird to me. Perhaps because I have a lot of common sense, but why the hell would you install CFW if you didn't already have a goal in mind for using it? I mean, you wouldn't go and buy an airplane if you don't plan on learning to fly right?

Anyway, I wanted a way to cheat in Pokemon in all honesty. That's it. That led me to HomeBrew, which showed me tons of other cool things I could do like ROM hacks, screenshots, FTP etc... Then I learned about CFW and researched what I could do with that, and it was a no brainer since I wanted free games (more for full trials than piracy), customization options, NTR cheats/plugins, language emulation, Region spoofing, redirection, boot animations etc etc.....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you have Luma, there is no reason to use an emuNAND unless you want to use GateWay or something. All it does is take up room on your SD card that could be used for something else.
I do have somewhat of a plan, I'm just posting this to start up some conversations and discussions.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have somewhat of a plan, I'm just posting this to start up some conversations and discussions.
I didn't mean it specifically towards you, but I see it all the time around here "I installed CFW, now what?" Lol And I'm just like, well why did you install it if you didn't know? Haha

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean it specifically towards you, but I see it all the time around here "I installed CFW, now what?" Lol And I'm just like, well why did you install it if you didn't know? Haha
Yeah I understand what you mean. That's like saying "I just built this gaming pc and signed up for Steam, what do I do with it?"

Reactions: comput3rus3r

AndrewH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed it simply for the fact that I was sick and tired of waiting for SNES games to officially come to my N3DS from Nintendo, that likely never will. Games that I own the original cartridges too on my SNES, but wanted to play on the go. I wanted a means to be able to install and play those, since I couldn't buy them. Same with GBA games. We all know GBA works flawlessly on the 3DS, yet we are told we can't do so. I wanted a means to play my GBA games that I also still have carts for, but no longer the system to play them on. Themes etc were all a bonus. I don't pirate any 3DS/DS games at all, as I prefer physical media, so still like to buy my carts to collect.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at this point i would start off with themely/3dsthemes to decorate use gtyb/3dsthemes for some badges for my folders for organization and get some emulators (if you previously had homebrew than you could already have done these things but now can get better emulators)

then i move on to . . . "other things". . . freeshop (games), moflex player (3d movies), ntr (cheats ... i mostly use it for pokemon gotta catch them all but more importantly they all need to be "shiny")

(this section is not likely useful . . . it depends...) personally i also quote "restored" my ak2i's old icon image so now it appears as the ak2i icon, installed Apachetunder's r4 app (i cant remember what he called it . . . r4 stage two ... "i think"), got kit-kat so i can enjoy it on my big screen (my pc is hooked up to a large tv), then i got a kit-kat (. . . i was hungry), oh and i also fist-fought a bear (and won! woot!)

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install freeshop
get a bunch of 3d movies in moflex format and watch them on the 3d movie player
create a custom home menu
install nintendo sdk developer applications and mess with those.

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install freeshop
get a bunch of 3d movies in moflex format and watch them on the 3d movie player
create a custom home menu
install nintendo sdk developer applications and mess with those.
I was actually pretty curious about the developer applications. Is there a place I can get my hands on them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o