Hacking First switch 4.1.0

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, Just opened up my first switch from Amazon and looked up the version. It is 4.1.0. I also looked up the serial and it said that it is possible that it is patched to run fusee to see. Hooked everything up to pc with TegraRCMgui got the green RCM mode detected. Selected fusee and sent and it said smashed the stack at 0x0000 Payload successfully injected. But it stayed on a black screen. So then I tried to follow a guide for PegaScape I get in the browser and click on hbrew it says success. Tells me to goto Albums to launch. I do that but nothing happens. Looks like its locked up in albums where I cannot press anything other that home button. I have tried the 128gig exfat card then formatted it fat32 then took a 4gig fat32 with the same. Seems that I get into albums and thats as far as I can go. I used the auto sdsetup webpage and looks like everything is the way it needs just cannot figure out what needs to be done. Already spent eight hours on just this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 316

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, update. I was able to get fake news injected and ran but when I select caffeine, hit the text box, and count to 5 just in case before i tab the power....nothing pops up after a couple of minutes. The problem with homebrew was the fact hbl wasnt on the sd when i copied the files over. wondering if something is missing for caffeine to run.

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, got fake news working a couple of times with the dns changed then it started to goto a completely different website. dont know what to do but just cant get caffeine to work

Bojak

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before injecting a Real payloader you have to TEST if your switch is vulnerable or not. Follow the guide from guide,sdsetup,com (Checking RMC on STEP 2). At the end you can read a success message on your switch if it's vulnerable, if not a black screen will occur. IF your getting the Black Screen, your switch is ipatched. You wont be able to inject any payloader via RCM. /cry

But if your console is ipatched and your still on 4.1.0 your in luck because the Deja Vu exploit (Warm boot) is available.

Good Luck

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven’t used caffeine myself but I use this site here when I have to reference something. It’s full of everything you need to know except EmuMMC, though I’m sure it will be updated eventually.

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thank you guys but i believe it is Ipatched so that I cannot send a payload via RCM. Thats the guide that I was using and it said that with Ipatched 4.0-4.1 I can do it via fake news with caffeine but am having problems with getting it to actually run. Def nothing like 3ds...lol. There anyone that has done this with their 4.1 patched that can give me some tips?

Last edited by akira022,

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking....what if something went wrong with the "building of files" for the zip that the sdcard prep site gave me. I re-selected everything and downloaded/copied over and it completed. Dont know if that is all of the issues yet but I think that will work for tonight. Thanks you guys for talking to help brainstorm ^_^

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See that I can only use the warmexploit will I be able to prevent fuse burn? Also, I know that I will never be gaming online as I have enough family members to play with...But the Warmexploit needs internet to get to CFW. I have dns but don't want to worry about getting supernag. Am I able to setup emunand or something to keep them separate?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality