Hardware First look at the Nintendo Switch DevMenu (Screen shots)

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 11,093
  • Replies 18
  • Likes 9
D

Deleted-355425

First look at the Nintendo Switch DevMenu

See: https://hackinformer.com/2017/08/29/first-look-nintendo-switch-devmenu/

Nintendo-Switch-Dev-Menu-7.jpg

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
One of the screenshot (on the hackinformer) shows an option to overclock CPU, does that mean that the Switch is capable to run at full speed even undocked ? (Or is that another dev unit thing ?)

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
One of the screenshot (on the hackinformer) shows an option to overclock CPU, does that mean that the Switch is capable to run at full speed even undocked ? (Or is that another dev unit thing ?)
I would dare to guess that it's only available to devs due to console heat while working at higher clocks (even if it isn't actual overclock, only using the docked specs). Devs would be instructed to not hold the console while using this option, the final user wouldn't care about the warning if it's available to retail consoles.

wvsgnovize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So how do we access this, and I want to see what settings are behind that Network button... Like the software cap for speed.
You probably can't. I find it very unlikely that the dev menu is in any form included in the normal retail firmware. Only option would be to obtain a legit dev kit.

Reactions: NekoMichi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in