First Ghostbusters review!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by VVoltz, Jun 10, 2009.

Jun 10, 2009

First Ghostbusters review! by VVoltz at 4:43 AM (1,095 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. VVoltz
    OP

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
  2. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    I think it's a decent sign, I can't wait at all! Thanks for the heads up. A majority of my childhood revolved around the Ghostbusters. Also in a semi-related note, the 360 version of Ghostbusters is confirmed to be Region Free so those upset by the whole Sony PAL exclusive thing can still play it. [​IMG]

3. Da Foxx

Member Da Foxx GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    No matter what score this game got, I would still play it. I'm waiting for the leak, lol. Yeah yeah.. I pirate.

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/ghostbusters
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...60/ghostbusters

The 360/PS3/PC versions have been getting reviews ranging from 7 to 9/10 here. Wii version so far the lowest is 7/10 and highest 8/10. I doubt the PSP/PS2 ones will get good reviews seeing they are downgraded Wii ports.

Nothing for the DS version so far, I'm hoping its good as it has RPG & management elements.

Scores of 7 are good in my book, means its enjoyable if you like the idea of the game.

Anyone else checking their pirate sources regulary? 360/PC versions of games usually dump early, even if they dont it'll beat having to wait for the game to come out over here...damn Sony & Atari.

5. Da Foxx

Canada
    I've been checking my sources too, every hour or so. At least its confirmed region free. When the game comes out in Europe they are going to ask why the sales are so low compared to US/Canada.....

6. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    Ghostbusters.The.Video.Game.RF.XBOX360-MARVEL

I'm actually close to buying a 360 today, I have the money for a top range one and money to mod it. The only thing stopping me is a lack of time as ther eare a fuck ton of games for the 360 coming out and last time I had one I lost a lot of sleep.

*waits for PC dump like A KH douche does*

7. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Hahaha, that will go to number one for Best reason for not buying a Xbox360: "Too many good games, that can't be good for my health!!

8. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    lol I could always ditch my Mrs & kid. [​IMG]

9. Da Foxx

Canada
    I'm just worried about getting banned for playing it early, lol. I don't think that can stop me though.

10. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Looks good, I may pre-order it for PS3. Anyone know if any comparison reviews are out? Or are the PS3 and 360 versions the same?

11. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Alright here are my thoughts, being three missions in (A few hours.)
    *The game is really, really surprisingly difficult on the second difficulty setting (Experienced, their version of Normal.) I have died over 15 times already, this game doesn't mess around.
    *The music is pleasant to hear at first, but it gets repetitive fast. It uses the same...like three or four tracks from Ghostbusters 1 for the entire game. Whenever "anything" omnious happens, the music that plays over the tower when the two dogs are let loose starts to play. Gets old after a while.
    *The ghost wrangling is just extremely fun and satisfying. Weaken the ghost, play some rodeo with them, slam them around, then get them into the trap. As a kid who grew up wanting to do this for a living, it's great to finally do it.
    *Bill Murray's voice acting is...how can I word it....he sounds bored. Everybody else is great, but he just sounds like he doesn't want to be there. He's not as enjoyable to listen to in the game as I was hoping.
    *It's frustrating when one of the bigger enemies KO an ally. You can go and revive him but sometimes they'll just immediately KO them again, or most of the time you. They just tend to camp/sit on top of the corpse they smacked around.
    *Love the boss fights, the few I've had so far. Really chaotic, challenging, but never in the frustrating sense and quite fun.
    *The PKE Meter searching parts are kinda bleh, but they're short atleast. They make you search all over the place, kinda tedious. Especially when they want you to look up. Nobody ever looks up.

If you're a fan of the movies, you have to pick up this game. It is just that fun. Would I say buy it? Not sure, not sure how many missions there are. It took me about 2-3 hours to reach Mission 4, they're pretty long. Me and Thug played on Xbox Live a bit, the Live is interesting but a tad disappointing. There's no actual Coop of the campaign, but rather timed missions with varying objectives. I'd assume after a while it'll get old.

12. Da Foxx

Canada
    Really? I was playing it on experienced and found it to be really easy so I decided to start over on professional. That's when I died about 15 times, lol.