Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd post this....not sure how interested people may be about this game, but it looks to be really good. Thor DS footage starts at 2:30 and ends around the 11-12 minute mark.

[youtube]pkTtegXVf6M[/youtube]

Now that is what I'm talkin' 'bout!

loco365

Trophies
XP
It looks like some early prototype (Or some early NITRO files from earlier in development), seeing as it is very plain looking, with barely an HUD and just a simple white, borderless box for the text. It does look fun though. I might get a copy and give it a shot.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It looks great! I'll surely give it a try.

EDIT: Also, how the hell are you supposed to dodge that avalanche attack?
ohnoes.png

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
Castlevania + Shantae = Frothing Anticipation

Ding ding ding! Apparently, WayForward is responsible for this game, so that would explain the nicely animated sprites, and the Shantae-esque gameplay.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game is running fine on CycloDS B.7. Played the whole first chapter and beat the first boss. Sprites are very detailed in this one, much more so than most DS games. Even if it is repetitive, I'll play through it, just to see the dual-screen bosses in action. It's refreshing to not see any flower and bunnies or super deformed characters in a DS game. It's been a while since I could say that about a DS game.

And so now, I'm off to bust some heads with a hammer.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, this game was fun for a little while.

I hit a point where I was heading to the Cave of Ages, and I have no clue what the developers were thinking anymore. The environment literally slaughters you without even touching the enemies. Boulders fall all over every square inch of ground consistently while you have to fight hoards of enemies that are apparently immune to crushing boulders.

I fought through one Act of that bullshit thinking that maybe the next would fix it. After I died for the third time since playing because of the damn environment (the first two times were from the first endless falling boulders previously mentioned), I just deleted the game from my MicroSD card. Whichever developer said "herp we gonna through endless boulders here lololol herp derp derp" needs to get shot.

Way to ruin what was a good experience. The bosses were also too easy for all of the ones I fought (4?). They weren't a challenge in the least, nor did they even require really any special tactics. Overall, IGN fucked me over once again trying to make me think the game was good.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nathan Drake said:

I hit a point where I was heading to the Cave of Ages, and I have no clue what the developers were thinking anymore. The environment literally slaughters you without even touching the enemies. Boulders fall all over every square inch of ground consistently while you have to fight hoards of enemies that are apparently immune to crushing boulders.

I fought through one Act of that bullshit thinking that maybe the next would fix it. After I died for the third time since playing because of the damn environment (the first two times were from the first endless falling boulders previously mentioned), I just deleted the game from my MicroSD card. Whichever developer said "herp we gonna through endless boulders here lololol herp derp derp" needs to get shot.

Way to ruin what was a good experience. The bosses were also too easy for all of the ones I fought (4?). They weren't a challenge in the least, nor did they even require really any special tactics. Overall, IGN fucked me over once again trying to make me think the game was good.

Welcome to the nes era, where unfair difficulty is king

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
shadowmanwkp said:
Nathan Drake said:

Welcome to the nes era, where unfair difficulty is king

That would work if the entire game was unfair. The game just throws a difficulty wall at you though, not even a curve, a 10 mile, concrete wall. God forbid you're doing a combo and can't move in time, or maybe you got hit by an enemy, or maybe you were trying to walk five feet, and then a giant boulder falls on you, knocks you down, and leaves you susceptible to more and more of them. If a game is going to be difficult, it should be throughout. I was on Chapter 5, and there are only 7 chapters. The first 4 chapters presented little challenge, and I think I spent maybe an hour going through all of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo