Hardware First ever 3DS? Need some advice.

wiltedflowers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never bought a 3DS (or a DS or any kind) and have decided to finally buy one. The nostalgia for handhelds and the 3D graphics were the biggest appeal to me but its rumored to be severely limited so I held off.

From what I've seen, I'm interested in the 3DS XL, but I heard around February 13 there will be a new updated release of the XL for the US.

Should I pre-order this release to ensure a copy or does supply usually run out quickly for a new console? I'm fine if its not a limited edition. (I'll just get a decal) I'm honestly just really tired of waiting! :lol:

Or if it isn't worth it to order new, do you think the price will be cheaper for the first XL? How much do you think it will go for? I know currently its about 30-50 off for a used 3DS XL. Is there something exclusive to buying it new or is it fine to buy used?

And sorry if this is too much already, but do you have any links to guides or wikis for basic info on the 3DS XL? (For stuff like terminology, maintenance, hardware, etc.) Or is pretty easy to figure out blind? Any help I'd appreciate. :wacko:

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just wait for a month. This is the worst possible time to make a 3DS purchase. Wait for the "New" devices to arrive and get reviews first... And to see what Gateway will release etc...

It is only a month...

PS: Not sure why you are interested only in the XL. The original XL in my opinion is worse in most areas, and it is a handheld, you can compensate for the smaller screens by holding it closer, problem solved...

wiltedflowers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Seems worth it to wait then.

And its just personal preference with the XL. I like the bigger screen, even if it sacrifices the quality a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."