First DSi exclusive announced- Monster Finder

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after the confirmation of new DSi exclusive games arriving this fall, the first of these has been announced- Monster Finder. It's being developed by Alpha Unit, a third party developer.

"Titled Monster Finder, this original game has players use the DSi Camera to capture monsters, then face them off in battle. The game promises over 100 monster designs, created by character designer Matsuda."

No screens yet.

2132390360_view.jpg

2132390361_view.jpg

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/09/01/monster_finder/
http://mf.alphastation.jp/

SpiritBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
This can be used for epic lulz.
Get the DSi, picture your friends, and then tell them "See! It recognizes you as a monster!".
Good time.
That, of course, if I understand it correctly.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't get it myself. We don't really know anything about the game yet, but it was worth mentioning since it's the first of its kind announced. Sounds like a Pokemon "inspired" game though.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
... At first, I thought this was some kind of "Monster Hunter For Kids" game, because of the name. O.O How the camera could be used to capture monsters though... Who knows? Could work, might not work. D:

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
granville said:
Well I don't get it myself. We don't really know anything about the game yet, but it was worth mentioning since it's the first of its kind announced. Sounds like a Pokemon "inspired" game though.

not really, the first one was the game that you use the DSi cameras so see ghosts around you.

this one seems a rather copy of that ideia, but who knows.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hero-Link said:
not really, the first one was the game that you use the DSi cameras so see ghosts around you.
Ghostwire. I've already seen commercials on TV.

Spooky
blink.gif

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Ghostiwre was originally from mobile phones too.

Well, I'm gald there are actually DSi exclusive titles, but I don't really see much except that there will be usage of the camera and maybe the extra juice(KORG DS-10 Plus)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was kinda hoping it would be a DSi Ware download, and then you would put different games in Slot 1 using the unique 4-character IDs to unlock things.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not a good start at all even DSiware is getting 100x better there's a epic shoot em up for anyone with a Japanese DSi coming out in around 18 hours.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
While I don't hold out much hope for the quality of 3rd-party DSi-exclusives either, if they accomplish nothing else perhaps flashcart teams will be able to analyze them and start figuring out how to update their products to work in DSi mode so homebrew developers will be able to start making apps for the DSi that use its features.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sort of game has been on mobile phones for years now. They're crap.

This is another DSi exclusive title called System Flaw...sounds like the same game.
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=95157

I know the term shovelware is over used but these two titles are examples of it. Why are these retail when they'll do better as DSiWare?

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Camera based to capture monsters so...
A) Image recognition so when you snap a picture of a cat, get a tiger 'monster' in game
B) A 'snap a pic of a barcode' from a package, can of beans, etc. and you get some monster.
C) It could be some sort booster pack of cards tie-in with some sort of code that the game recognizes. You snap a pic to get the monster in game.

I think both the random bar code and trading card tie-in based games have already been tried in one form or another over the years.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moose3 said:
I think both the random bar code and trading card tie-in based games have already been tried in one form or another over the years.
barcode1.jpg

lol what a big shitting disapointment that was for us kids in the early 90's, they made it out to be a lot better than what it was.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I also thought Ghostwire was to be the first DSi-exclusive, but it may have been DSiWare. And I still wonder, won't there be a new Mario or something as the first one? That would make sense to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-