Firmwire update please help

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Mattay, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Mattay
    OP

Mattay Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hello

Im really lost and confused on what to do. Id like to play a certain game but it need the latest firmware. My switch isn't banned and I've never been online sine using a CFW. Would I be safe to just update? Ive been trying to find the answer but I seem to be just concussing myself.

Any help please, and thanks

2. roarn20

roarn20 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Just use ChoiDujourNX to update to latest firmware without burning fuses. But also if you haven't tried this try installing using goldleaf you can bypass the firmware requirements for the game.

3. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
    what firmware are you on? if you're on 7.0 and above you can still play all games using ignore firmware requirement because no new games requiring new key for now
    but if you want to update then go for it. you can update online or using choidujournx if you're planning to keep burnt fuse low

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You should update your CFW (Atmosphere or ReiNX hopefully) to the latest version. You should then use ChoiDujourNX to update to 8.1.0. You should not connect your Switch to the internet, unless you want to be banned.

5. Mattay
    OP

Mattay Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Im on a firmware below 7 but I can't tell as in the system part is says ready to install.............

What are the advantages of keeping the burnt fuses low?

If I use choidujournx will the switch always be in auto RCM mode? Im not a fan auto RCM due to the way the kids play on the switch.

Thanks again

Last edited by Mattay, Jul 13, 2019