OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Firmware Updater v4.0
Older News

Firmware Updater v4.0 is a firmware updater for Wii made by waninkoko that downloads and installs firmware 4.0, but leaves out the new added protection.

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Source
discuss.png
 Discuss

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
This is 'OLDER NEWS', just search the forums and you will find that it does work. More info with SEARCH =P

Minox

Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Fye_DX said:
This is 'OLDER NEWS', just search the forums and you will find that it does work. More info with SEARCH =P
Yes, that is quite accurate. What I'm basically trying to do is to catch up with all the Wii homebrew news that I've missed. So for all you wondering, use the search button to find your answer if you doubt that it works
happy.gif

jmoe316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this is a long shot and is a 99% chance of being no, but I forgot to install cIOS36 before going to 4.0. If I install this, will it remove overwrite the protection that is stopping me from installing cIOS36?

shado blackstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a heads-up for anyone who doesn't know: You still have to boot pirated WiiWare/Virtual Console games from the Wii system memory, and can still no longer copy them back to the Wii if you place them on your SD card.
Big
frown.gif
for me.

sixtyfps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
homebrew.gif
Firmware Updater v4.0
Older News

Firmware Updater v4.0 is a firmware updater for Wii made by waninkoko that downloads and installs firmware 4.0, but leaves out the new added protection.

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Source
discuss.png
 Discuss

Thank very much for adding value to my GBAtemp RSS newsfeed. I don't have time to troll the forums for info this useful all the time! Please let us know when we can 'fix' 4.0 utterly.
smile.gif

masamunecyrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shado blackstar said:
Just a heads-up for anyone who doesn't know: You still have to boot pirated WiiWare/Virtual Console games from the Wii system memory, and can still no longer copy them back to the Wii if you place them on your SD card.
Big
frown.gif
for me.

It works for me. I followed this guide. If for some reason something goes wrong, you can always downgrade easily, too. Just make sure you install that IOS60 before you update.

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! I've got everything running on 4.0 and I see the SD card function. How do I run WiiWare/VC games through the SD card. Right now I only know how to install the .wad files from WadManager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: