Firmware Updater 4.3-wan revert?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by propered, Aug 15, 2010.

Aug 15, 2010
  1. propered
    OP

Member propered GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hi all I installed 4.3 firmware updater but accidentally enabled all patches.

This is not about downgrading ( I am already on 4.3E and dont mind staying on it) I am just trying to revert the patched ios' and system menu that Wananiko updater had patched

I don't like having my wii with all ios' patched but when i try to re update so to speak (4.3 Wananinko Firmware Updater) just restarts....is there anyway I can update but without enabling patches or is it going to be as mundane as using dop-mii to individually overwrite the ios and system menu (in dop-mii I assume i just download all ios' and then overwrote previous, then overwrite the 4.3sytem menu. ( i mean I've already updated HBC fine - by reinstalling ios58 without patches)

Maybe I will do an official update as i I Lego Indiana is that better
    Any ideas/ thoughts

Regards

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    You could download the system menu 4.3 and IOS80 wad with NUS Downloader or NUS Auto Downloader and install it with a wad manager.

3. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Official update would be easiest probably.

Or

You can use NUSD and download clean versions of all the ios files and system menu and pack them as wads and then use MultiModManager wad manager and batch install them all.

4. propered
    OP

United Kingdom
    Cool i'll check that out.....thanks guys...right now...Liverpool v Arsenal

5. propered
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well I used DOP-Mii v13 to update my ios' without patches
    Uninstalled priiloader + its hacks
    Then I used NUS Auto Downloader to get system menu 4.3 and IOS80 wads
    Installed with Wad Manager 1.7 installed IOS 80 first then System Menu 4.3
    Then I reinstalled priiloader beta, changed setting to show beta updates done an update.
    (I'm not sure whether i needed IOS36 patched for priiloader to apply hacks - might have done it with dop-mii before reinstalling IOS36 without patches once setting up priiloader)
    Applied some hacks and changed settings
    Now 4.3E autoboots into HBC 1.0.8 from power on

Cool cheers geezas

6. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    You removed the patched IOS36? How you installed the things like priiloader? With IOS249?

7. propered
    OP

United Kingdom
    I already had updated HBC to v1.0.8 and I installed Wananiko cIOS installed at 249 & 250....
    cIOS v19 to install prilloader did this so using those probably did the trick
    but also

I thought, I would install a patched IOS36 apply the patches and setting in priiloader then re-install IOS36 without patches once i had set priiloader as i wanted (I am not sure whether this is why it worked. I tried a few combinations, also holding button and [+] to use cIOS249...not sure which one installed it sorry.....i'll check tmrw by seeing if an update gives an error [​IMG]

Key is definitely doing an update through priiloader beta first to match to the new HBC.