Gaming Firmware update question.

Nekoxid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question regarding the 2004 model PSP (TA-88v3 motherboard), the official firmware vs custom firmware.

I bought my PSP about a month ago, and while I was searching for info about the custom firmware, I learned that my PSP is not (yet) hackable. This PSP came with the 4.01 firmware, and while I have no problems with the games I have, the newer demos seems to need the new firmware.
Now my question: if I update the firmware to the latest one, will it cause some problems when I can install a CFW (well of course when the TA-88v3 will be hackable) in the (hopefully not so distant) future? Or should I just leave it on 4.01?

(Ah also I have another question that is not really related: How is the SNES emulation on the PSP? Are the games playable? Or just a few game runs with it (like in case of that stupid SNES emulator on DS, as that damned thing can't even run Kiki KaiKai or Madou Monogatari)?)

Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You may as well update right now. If they get pandora working on that motherboard it wont mater what firmware you are running.

As for the snes emulation it runs very well with most games you may just have to do some settings tweaks to get it to run as well as it can. it is wholly enjoyable on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...