Hacking Firmware rollback to create EMUnand

GardenAll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello friends, I have a specific question.

I have an 4,1 firmware Switch that I have been updating offline, AutoRCM enabled on SYSnand since them. As we can make EMUnand now and it's so much safe, I was thinking to rollback my first NAND backup and let it remain the "original Switch" as low firmware, create a EMUnand and install the lastest firmwares on it. AutoRCM still let me uneasy that some bug can burn my fuses.

But I have updated my joycons firmware as mistake on 8.0 as mistake :shy:. I have an separated JIG, and I'm not thinking to mod my joycons to act as one, so it isn't a matter to me.

Questions: can I rollback my nand without problems with a newer firmware joycons? Is it safe to proceed with my strategy?

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
theres not point of leaving your SysNand on low-old firmware especially if you want to use it online but even if you dont best update after you restore the nand and if you dont want to use you sysnand online then no point in restoring nand just make Emunand

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Make EmuNand now and be happy. To use Online features you latest firmware, so just update from the normal means and use your Switch to the max.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends, I have a specific question.

I have an 4,1 firmware Switch that I have been updating offline, AutoRCM enabled on SYSnand since them. As we can make EMUnand now and it's so much safe, I was thinking to rollback my first NAND backup and let it remain the "original Switch" as low firmware, create a EMUnand and install the lastest firmwares on it. AutoRCM still let me uneasy that some bug can burn my fuses.

But I have updated my joycons firmware as mistake on 8.0 as mistake :shy:. I have an separated JIG, and I'm not thinking to mod my joycons to act as one, so it isn't a matter to me.

Questions: can I rollback my nand without problems with a newer firmware joycons? Is it safe to proceed with my strategy?
Have you ever encountered Joy-Cons that do not work on lower firmware versions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o