Firmware for Pokemon Sun & Moon

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Francesca, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Francesca
    OP

Francesca GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2015
    Armenia
    Pokemon S&M will be released very soon in ~3 weeks and I'm worried about being able to play it as soon as it comes out.

If my 3DS is on Luma 11.2 emunand, do you think it will run the full version of the games? Has it ever been that the final version requires a higher firmware than the demo?

2. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    What are you worried about? Theres nothing Nintendo can do anymore to lock you out. All critical keys are known, so even if they push a new update, the CFW devs add support for it within a few hours these days.

3. Francesca
    OP

Mar 17, 2015
    Armenia
    I recall there being a very complicated procedure for people installing a .cia of the S&M demo. People have semi-bricked their consoles in the process. I downloaded my demo from the eShop (because why complicate things).

I imagine some AP measures might be used in the full version too.

4. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Don't worry too much, I'm sure there will be nothing crazy going on on the release day.

5. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I'm willing to bet an updated AP chip in the carts, but I don't think the eShop (FreeShop) version will have it. Might just need another seed injection though.

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That's the first I've heard of that. The .CIA installed just fine for me (it wouldn't install in GW mode for some reason, but it installed in Luma and worked fine in GW mode afterwards)
    I used a decrypted .CIA though. Encrypted CIAs with seed keys are problematic.

ih8ih8sn0w likes this.
  7. cherryduck

cherryduck GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2007
    The far side of the moon
    I wasn't aware of any complex process for the demo? Luma3DS on updated Sysnand, installed via freeshop,no further actions required.

8. Francesca
    OP

Mar 17, 2015
    Armenia
    Did you decrypt it yourself? None of the demo threads on that one iso site claimed to be decrypted, and there was a headache-inducing process that I'd previously never heard about suggested for getting things to work. I'm glad I simply downloaded it from eshop after updating emunand on Luma.

9. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    It isn't complicated to go into decrypt9 if some idiot didn't upload a decrypted cia. Besides, someone like hour 1 uploaded the decrypted cia and put it on mega for people to download. There should be no issues with running it on cfw at all unless they do black magic.

10. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Someone sent me a link to decrypted versions of the .3DS/.CIA, I don't know where they came from, but the file name was BACA_Dec.7z

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Oct 28, 2016
  11. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    11.0.0-33

12. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    No one semi-bricked anything. It was a tool that didn't realize they had a cartridge in that was preventing it from booting.

N7Kopper likes this.
  13. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    (obligatory "emunand is outdated" comment goes here)
    The hardest time installing the demo was after the seed was leaked, but before it was released. Only because you had to install the seed manually.

If the game gets out early, it will be as a dumped cartridge. No need to fret.