Firmware Downgrader?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Christopho, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Christopho
    OP

Christopho GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Does anyone know if there's such a thing as a firmware/kernel downgrader like the Wii? I'm asking this because I want my xbox Jtag'd but it's not vulnerable sadly =/

Thanks in Advance~

2. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    no there isnt, try to buy a new one that is still exploitable, i did and very happy with it, 500gb full of games, no discs needed [​IMG]

3. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    There is nothing to roll back the kernel or firmware to a jtagable version at this moment in time.
    (Hope some breakthrough comes soon!)

4. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Chances of any downgrader turning up are far from likely. As mentioned every time someone asks this question, the 360 uses a form of security known as efuses. When the 360 gets updated, it blows one of these efuses (there're over 800 I believe), making downgrading impossible.

Your only hope is that someone finds a new exploit, since JTAG is generally impossible now. Or you can look on ebay for an exploitable 360 for sale. I've still got one left (I updated the other 3 long before the homebrew community took off), which I haven't got round to JTAGging yet.

5. LittleJonny -Tea

LittleJonny -Tea Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2009
    To clarify, the efuses revoke the dash rev that the exploit runs on. The dash rev is nothing to do with weather or not the console is J-taggable, its just an easy indicator, as the efuse is blown by default in the update proccess on almost all updates over 2.0.7xxx.

If you still need a J-tagged unit, then I have a few here (Xenon, Falcon or Jasper) [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice