Firmware Downgrader?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Christopho, Jan 24, 2010.

Jan 24, 2010

Firmware Downgrader? by Christopho at 5:44 PM (954 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Christopho
    OP

Member Christopho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does anyone know if there's such a thing as a firmware/kernel downgrader like the Wii? I'm asking this because I want my xbox Jtag'd but it's not vulnerable sadly =/

Thanks in Advance~

2. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    no there isnt, try to buy a new one that is still exploitable, i did and very happy with it, 500gb full of games, no discs needed [​IMG]

3. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    There is nothing to roll back the kernel or firmware to a jtagable version at this moment in time.
    (Hope some breakthrough comes soon!)

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Chances of any downgrader turning up are far from likely. As mentioned every time someone asks this question, the 360 uses a form of security known as efuses. When the 360 gets updated, it blows one of these efuses (there're over 800 I believe), making downgrading impossible.

Your only hope is that someone finds a new exploit, since JTAG is generally impossible now. Or you can look on ebay for an exploitable 360 for sale. I've still got one left (I updated the other 3 long before the homebrew community took off), which I haven't got round to JTAGging yet.

5. LittleJonny -Tea

Newcomer LittleJonny -Tea Member

Australia
    To clarify, the efuses revoke the dash rev that the exploit runs on. The dash rev is nothing to do with weather or not the console is J-taggable, its just an easy indicator, as the efuse is blown by default in the update proccess on almost all updates over 2.0.7xxx.

If you still need a J-tagged unit, then I have a few here (Xenon, Falcon or Jasper) [​IMG]