Hacking Firmware 9.00 PlayStation 4

Egopez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
[QUOTE = "Milenko, publicación: 9578486, miembro: 434657"] Huele a exploit arreglado [/ QUOTE]
is exactly what it is

clianvXAi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Cturt, said almost 1 month ago “Just heard from PlayStation that I’ve been awarded a $10k bounty, thanks!”
And 5 days ago “An update: they’re also sending me a PS5 console, which is great because I don’t actually have one yet. Thanks again to the PlayStation security team :)

Many speculated that it could be an exploit for ps4.

Nagataro said “probably an exploit patched on 9.00 ps4. probably kernel. stay on 8.52 if you're there! if you're on 7.55 or below, DO NOT UPDATE!”

On wololo, it is a good article that concludes with

“Now, whether this is indeed a 8.52 exploit or not, it is important for people to stay calm. If confirmed to be a 8.52 vulnerability, there are a lot of things that would need to happen for this to turn into a release, in particular:

1. The exploit actually needs to be disclosed. Nobody has confirmed or denied whether this would happen at this point
  2. The scene needs a user-level entry point, such as a webkit exploit, to be able to even launch the kernel vulnerability. We do not have that at the moment
  3. All of this needs to be bundled in a user-friendly exploit. For the 7.55 exploit we’ve seen that this could sometimes take months, even when all the pieces are here.
So, take all of this with a huge bucket of salt for now, and stay tuned.”

We just have to be patient, and wait.

Last edited by clianvXAi,

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any word from Sony or someone with "inside information" (private exploits, etc.) yet regarding cause of the 9.00 issues?

Edit: in particular if this has something to do with the BDROM update that somehow causes the SU-42118-6 error code.

Last edited by SirByte,

jackfavvv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really hope it's not a Kernel exploit since there's not a lot of new games form 7.55 to 8.52. So I'd rather they keep the exploit private till it's patched on a higher firmware.

Egopez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
[QUOTE = "proffk, post: 9584262, member: 333428"] Aparentemente, 9.0 Fw ha solucionado el problema CBomb. [/ QUOTE]
Is true 100%

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can fix the rtc, but apparently it's 5.05 only. The payload messes up the rtc on later firmware. Also, hen doesn't care about rtc, just can't play legit discs, fpkgs are fine though afaik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs