Gaming firmware 6.20 hacked?

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

if the guy was loading just the game i would say it's fake, but he also load homebrew and somentihing like recovery menu, looks very legit for me.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
PUTANG INA (FUCK)! His camera is going here and there. I already have a headache and this video is giving me even more headaches.

Unless he shows the actual recovery menu, I'll believe this. The games could have been downloaded from the PSN and the homebrews are like Chickhen style

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it proves he has a cfw with at least partial 6.20 features.
but we can't be certain it's an actual 6.20 exploit as we can't see how it's loaded.
could even be 5.03 with some plugins that load 6.20 parts.

QUOTE said:
The games could have been downloaded from the PSN and the homebrews are like Chickhen style
the "chickhen style" would still be interesting.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
QUOTE said:
You have traded between 2 PSP at 1:14!
wink.gif

We can clearly see the cut, because the two logos "PSP" lost 2 times.

Also, we note that it is 12:24 at the launch of the game and when you want to leave, it is 12:27, only 1 minutes and 20 seconds have elapsed, you have betrayed yourself.
In addition, there are some plugins that can change the name of the CFW, anyway, you're toast. =)
^ comment translated by Google.
I would say fake, though I didn't notice the change. Its odd that the camera was moving around loads.

punkyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Chris_Skylock said:
PUTANG INA (FUCK)! His camera is going here and there. I already have a headache and this video is giving me even more headaches.

Unless he shows the actual recovery menu, I'll believe this. The games could have been downloaded from the PSN and the homebrews are like Chickhen style
Nice word you've got there. Very... Filipino.
rofl2.gif

Btw. It looks legit to me, if only he knew how to take a video of it.
dry.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Curious, functions appear real, camera skills make it look fake...

I'd call editting on this one (entirely possible he cut into a different PSP for loading games etc.) but the camera work is so jerky that a cut would be easily noticed but if this is a legit hack then why did he shoot it so terribly?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I will also like to add this instead of making a new topic.

QUOTE said:
Well, here we go again. A new proof of concept video was released by FrEdDy and dark-smn over at the LAN.ST forums to show a possible TIFF exploit for FW 6.20. Excited? Here, you'll be the judge.

Rumor: Hello world on PSP Firmware 6.20

Answer your question, yes if this is true and they figure out a way for it, it will work on ALL PSP's.
You just need HEN CFW/6.20 CFW for ISO loading.

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
deanxxczx said:
I will also like to add this instead of making a new topic.

QUOTE said:
Well, here we go again. A new proof of concept video was released by FrEdDy and dark-smn over at the LAN.ST forums to show a possible TIFF exploit for FW 6.20. Excited? Here, you'll be the judge.

Rumor: Hello world on PSP Firmware 6.20

Answer your question, yes if this is true and they figure out a way for it, it will work on ALL PSP's.
You just need HEN CFW/6.20 CFW for ISO loading.
tiff crashes aren't normal?i mean it crashes even without cfw? i remeber someone showing a hello world on 6.10 (or 6.00), i guess is the same exploit

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure how true any of these exploits are. The cretor of one of them went off in a huff when people questioned its legitimacy (making more people think its fake) all are blurry with jerky cameras...

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand the desire for better videos/elimination of fakers, but I don't understand why everyone just screams "FAKE! JERKOFF!" whenever a video goes up (not so much here, but in the video comments, or on more psp-centric forums).

I mean, as Davee showed, even when teams Do make something that gives all sorts of new access, people get very negative for not doing everything they want (e.g., no isoloader in chickHEN), which is discouraging to the cfw devs that make cfw Possible in the first place.

Here's hoping to less fakes, more cfw/HEN progress, and less confirmation of the Internet Dickwad Theory.

...and Much less blurry camera work- it's 2010 people! Come on!
yay.gif

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Regarding the OP's video link: It's a fake. Look at 0:01: the PSP is already on(see the green LED), and the author never actually swipes the power button(spam pause/play if you have to).

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
First looks fake, same than the suposed DSi exploit from zacksupercoolvideos (see DS area), with cut in record here an there.

The other ones, well, even in qj are posted, but I don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: