Hacking Firmware 11.8. Am I screwed?

xLoveHateLegend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently put CFW on my O3DS and now my girlfriend wants me to put it on hers too.

As the title suggests, she is on firmware 11.8.0. Which prompts me to update to the latest firmware and use a flashcart (that I don't have) or do some soldering, which I'd rather not mess with.

TLDR; How can I update to 11.12 or 11.13, specifically, so I can use seedminer to get CFW rather than soldering or purchasing a flashcart?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just recently put CFW on my O3DS and now my girlfriend wants me to put it on hers too.

As the title suggests, she is on firmware 11.8.0. Which prompts me to update to the latest firmware and use a flashcart (that I don't have) or do some soldering, which I'd rather not mess with.

TLDR; How can I update to 11.12 or 11.13, specifically, so I can use seedminer to get CFW rather than soldering or purchasing a flashcart?
Try reading 3ds.hacks.guide again. cause ya missed a section that covers seedminer on updated firms.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Huh? Where is the problem? Does a normal online update from System Settings not work? Please try updating Recovery Mode with recovery mode as well.

If you get any error message, tell us what message. More information needed.

In general: If the Seedminer method cannot be used for whatever reason, ntrboot with a flashcart is the best method. Soldering/hardmod is pretty dangerous (you have to have quite some experience with the soldering iron!) and inferior to what ntrboot can do.

Good luck!

xLoveHateLegend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh, okay. I had assumed that when it said update to latest firmware, it meant in order to use one of the 'all versions' methods.

So I can use the seedminer exploit on the latest firmware? I will give that a shot in the morning. Thank you guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1