GBAtemp Guru
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So their entire argument is based on the hope that people will be too lazy to install Adblock?
Not good, their advertisers are going to go all over this.
Plus, making ads "less annoying" won't do anything, as they'll get blocked either way.
QUOTE said:
But if we do a good job on the advertising side, people won't want to block ads. People will find them actually useful.
O'rly?
QUOTEThere will always be some group of people who want to block ads for personal reasons.
I guess I fall in this small category then.
nyanya.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah I was trying to update but I see that one of my favorite extension, Sxipper ( which is really saving me a lot of time when I try to login it remembers all my passwords ).
I see there are quite a few tricks to override the version incompatibility check, but I guess I' ll just wait for my extensions to be updated ( it can't take that long, they are regularly updated ) and then move to 3.6.
Interesting thing I found out about Chrome, I didn't know about it, I'll check it out.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Satangel said:
But I can imagine those memory usage things are very relevant for people who don't have a PC with 1GB RAM (they still exist
smile.gif
)

Firefox runs fine on my 512mb of RAM.
I can have ten+ tabs open, while WMP, MSN and bitTorrent are open without any lag, also I'm on Windows 7.

As I like the look of Chrome, I like the ad-ons for Firefox better.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
deanxxczx said:
Satangel said:
But I can imagine those memory usage things are very relevant for people who don't have a PC with 1GB RAM (they still exist
smile.gif
)

Firefox runs fine on my 512mb of RAM.
I can have ten+ tabs open, while WMP, MSN and bitTorrent are open without any lag, also I'm on Windows 7.

As I like the look of Chrome, I like the ad-ons for Firefox better.

Doesn't work fine of my dad's PC, he doesn't know a lot of PC's, so he doesn't scan/defragment regularly. He's a casual user, doesn't know a thing about PC maintenance.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well my essential addons got updated so I installed 3.6.
I love it, the Persona integration works nicely (I only use default theme to be honest), and Firefox loads faster.

D

Deleted-167431

Better than Firefox 3.5, used for a few days. Then i'm into chrome since the stable version 4 release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...