Emulation Fire Red -> Leaf Green?

Wehttam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering if Baby Jesus has brought us a way to convert Fire Red saves to work in Leaf Green (and most likely vice versa).

Or is it just a matter of renaming?

Lemme know.

Hey. I gotst another question.

If i have an EZFlash 3-in-1, do i need to RTC patch my Emerald if i'm going to be using it in NOR?

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as I understand, it is not possible. Of course, there could be a hex string that magically does the job, but it seems unlikely.

Couldn't you just use VBA-M or real hardware to transfer the pokemon you want between versions? The main plot of PLF shouldn't take you more than 20 hours...

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I could be wrong, but aren't the save files already interchangeable? I've never tried, but I do believe that was the case with previous generations. A FireRed save will open up in LeafGreen with all the same data it had prior, however the data it pulls from the ROM from then on will be LeafGreen (eg. exclusive Pokemon availability and locations). This would be rather telling in terms of "meddling", though, if you've already capture Pokemon on your FireRed save that can't technically be caught in LeafGreen. The fact those Pokemon would exist on LeafGreen with the original trainer ID would indicate a hack, if the person checking didn't know you'd swapped the save to the opposite game.

Wehttam said:
If i have an EZFlash 3-in-1, do i need to RTC patch my Emerald if i'm going to be using it in NOR?

You could, if a clock patch existed for Emerald. None does, however, so you'll have to live without RTC functionality as long as you continue using a 3in1. As far as I know, the M3 GEP is the only 3in1- esque device currently available that's able to run Emerald as it should be played, since the device features a genuine real-time-clock of its own. I play the GBA Pokemon titles frequently (sometimes from the original carts, sometimes not), so I opted for the M3 instead of the 3in1.

QUOTE(outgum @ Jan 30 2010, 11:48 PM) Question, You state firstly going from Fire Red to Leaf Green, WHY would you do that!> Fire red has Charizard!!!!! You no swap pl0x XD

Technically both FireRed and LeafGreen feature Charizard, assuming you chose Charmander as your starter. The only part of FireRed that has a Charizard where LeafGreen doesn't is the cardboard box it comes in, and I doubt the box is of much concern to someone playing these games on a 3in1.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty every generation has interchangable saves (Red->Green/Blue, Gold->Silver, Diamond->Pearl, HeartGold->SoulSilver) so I don't see a reason why FireRed and LeafGreen wouldn't be interchangable.

userpr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For switching your saves it is very simple. All you have to do is change the name of your Fire Red save to the name of your Leaf Green file and then you're done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah you do you got @BakerMan @AncientBoi and @BigOnYa