Fire Red -> Leaf Green?

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Wehttam, Dec 7, 2009.

Dec 7, 2009

Fire Red -> Leaf Green? by Wehttam at 3:55 AM (5,517 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Wehttam
    OP

Newcomer Wehttam Advanced Member

United States
    I was just wondering if Baby Jesus has brought us a way to convert Fire Red saves to work in Leaf Green (and most likely vice versa).

Or is it just a matter of renaming?

Lemme know.

Hey. I gotst another question.

If i have an EZFlash 3-in-1, do i need to RTC patch my Emerald if i'm going to be using it in NOR?

2. MarkDarkness

Member MarkDarkness Deliverator

Poland
    As far as I understand, it is not possible. Of course, there could be a hex string that magically does the job, but it seems unlikely.

Couldn't you just use VBA-M or real hardware to transfer the pokemon you want between versions? The main plot of PLF shouldn't take you more than 20 hours...

3. Epsilonsama

Newcomer Epsilonsama Member

Puerto Rico
    I dont know about FR -> LG but Gen I & II you could transfer save files between versions R-> B , G -> S.

4. sethirion

Newcomer sethirion Advanced Member

United States
    I think you have to patch the ROM to use the RTC since the EZ-Flash 3in1 does not have RTC by itself.

5. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    Question, You state firstly going from Fire Red to Leaf Green, WHY would you do that!> Fire red has Charizard!!!!! You no swap pl0x XD

6. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    I could be wrong, but aren't the save files already interchangeable? I've never tried, but I do believe that was the case with previous generations. A FireRed save will open up in LeafGreen with all the same data it had prior, however the data it pulls from the ROM from then on will be LeafGreen (eg. exclusive Pokemon availability and locations). This would be rather telling in terms of "meddling", though, if you've already capture Pokemon on your FireRed save that can't technically be caught in LeafGreen. The fact those Pokemon would exist on LeafGreen with the original trainer ID would indicate a hack, if the person checking didn't know you'd swapped the save to the opposite game.

Technically both FireRed and LeafGreen feature Charizard, assuming you chose Charmander as your starter. The only part of FireRed that has a Charizard where LeafGreen doesn't is the cardboard box it comes in, and I doubt the box is of much concern to someone playing these games on a 3in1.

7. Kroatien99

Member Kroatien99 GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    Yes you can do it.

8. jack969

Newcomer jack969 Member

Australia
    unless your an expperienced hacker and coder it's almost impossible

9. Tac 21

Member Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    rename and it'll work!

10. fannnkobe

Newcomer fannnkobe Member

United States
    Do what you want to do .

11. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    I'm pretty every generation has interchangable saves (Red->Green/Blue, Gold->Silver, Diamond->Pearl, HeartGold->SoulSilver) so I don't see a reason why FireRed and LeafGreen wouldn't be interchangable.

12. userpr

Newcomer userpr Newbie

United States
    For switching your saves it is very simple. All you have to do is change the name of your Fire Red save to the name of your Leaf Green file and then you're done.